Just got one of the best compliments I've ever gotten on my bass tone...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dukey donkey, Aug 24, 2019.

1. The other night at band practice, my singer stopped mid song and asked me whatt kind of effects I'm using... Because my bass sounds really good... Like better than it's ever sounded... The fact of the matter is, that I wasn't using any effects... I was just playing my Epiphone eb-3 through my Mesa d800+ into my 215, with the gain around 3 or 4 o'clock... As much dislike that the sidewinder pickup that comes with the bass, gets personally I've got zero issue with it... I think too many people want it to or expect it to sound like a fender and it'll never do that it is totally it's own thing. Just had to get on here and praise the eb-3 and the Mesa yet again... I'll hop down off of my soapbox now.

2. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Sometimes, stuff just works.

Element Zero, Rezdog and BassBuzzRS like this.
  3. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi dukey donkey :)

Best compliment I ever had from a singer was: "Bring the red one, I like it!"

:D

greetings

Wise(b)ass

Son of Wobble, Rabidhamster and LowCB like this.
  4. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    My favorite was about a cheapo. "that sounds really good. Anything besides that Rickenbacker"

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  5. bearfoot

bearfoot Inactive

Jan 27, 2005
    Chittenango, NY
    Cool. I've got me some EB3 GAS since revisiting the earlier Bowie stuff.

FYI, I read a Bolder interview and he said he ran his Gibson through a 2x12, obviously with more gain. I forget which amp and I think RS66 strings. Anyway, point being that your rig is not far off what he was running with the Spiders.

MCF likes this.
  6. MynameisMe

MynameisMe Be kind. Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Jax, Florida
    You can solve that problem by playing a Fender P bass next time because obviously that's where you could set the Mark at perfection!

dukey donkey likes this.
  7. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    You have a bass with great tone and an appreciative singer with a good ear. Doesn’t get much better than that!

dukey donkey likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021