1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got some earplugs for cheap - like some opinions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by addylewis, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Read that long thread on hearing loss and earplugs and suddenly got a bit safety concious

I just bought loads of these moldex pura-fit plugs from ebay (dirt cheap - less than £5 for 16 pairs)...anyone tried them and know if they're any good?

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I found myself to dislike foam plugs when using them for extended periods of time.

They get the job done well, but I began feeling discomfort from them after regular use.

I changed to a style similar to these

[​IMG]

Thankfully my mom works for a large scale chemical manufacturer and can get different types of earplugs for free.

I suggest, when you're able, trying out different types to see which you prefer best. Eventually I would intend to buy a custom fit pair, but bills first.

Thankfully, hearing protection is very cheap. I'll never understand why less people take advantage of it.

3. I guess it depends on what you're subjecting your ears to... but the foam plugs are fine for most situations you'll realistically be getting into.