Just got some very sad and disturbing news

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by vegaas, Jan 5, 2004.

1. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    I am at work right now and just got a call from my fiance. My son who just turned 16 is in band. They practice at the drummers house. Well, today the drummer hung himself! They took him to the hospital, but he didnt survive. He was 15 :(
    I have met his parents, the father would pick up the rest of the band and take them to his house for practice. The father seemed to be a very nice guy. I can not image their devestation. I am going to say a prayer for their family tonight.

I have no idea what I going to say to my son tonight. According to my fiance he is understandbly very shaken by this. I just want to head home now and talk to him. I tend to forget how hard being a teenager can be. My son tends to be very quiet and keeps things to himself, I have to get through to him that he can talk to me about anything. I have no idea what I would do if I was in the drummers fathers shoes.

If you have children, let them know how much they mean to you, and that they can talk to you about anything without any judgements.
  2. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    That is truly tragic. You said that you couldn't imagine how the father felt. I can because my son committed suicide less than 6 months ago. Also by hanging.

My prayers are with everyone that is hurting from this.

Harrell S.
  3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I can't even come close to understanding the pain or the action. :(
  4. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Pkr2, my condolences. I am so sorry you have had to live through every parents worst nightmare.
    Until you are a parent, you never realize how truly scary it is. You would do anything to protect your children from the world, unfortunatly we cant.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! I don't think I'd know what to say.
  6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    good god, what is wrong with these kids!
    my condolences...
  7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    This thread is very sad :(

If at all possible - do.
  8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have to wipe my eyes on my sleeves. I have a 13 year old boy. I get to spend time with him a few times a week but he lives with his mother for now. I have to go call him now and tell him I love him and let him know I'm there for him. I'm very very sorry to hear about your son pkr2. I can't imagine.
  9. no parent should ever have to live through the pain of burying their child :(
  10. Oi! :(

Sorry to hear that dude...

Damn,so much sad stuff:bawl:

Pkr2,I am also very sorry to hear about that
  11. I think the most important thing a father can say to his son is "I love you". Too bad there is not a step by step instruction book of parenting.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Pkr2, so sorry to hear about your son. I know it's been a few months, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

And that goes for the family of your son's friend, too, vegaas.
  13. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    sorry about that man :(.
  14. I'm very sorry to hear about all this. First that thread about those kids doing bike tricks and now this. My condolences to the drummer's family. pkr2, I am also very sorry to hear about that, I can't imagine the pain you went/are going through.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    this news is a definite addition to the "lame list"....man, i wish i had something comforting to say to either of you two.....vegaas, or pkr2.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Trying to imagine either one of my two one and one half year olds doing that someday makes me tear up instantly. :( PKR2, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
  17. Whoa, Pk! So sorry, man. ugh.

that's pretty freaky, vegaas.. whoa.

jeez. i know i barely know what to say right now, nevermind if i was you.

g'luck, guys :meh:
  18. vegaas - sorry to hear that, that is tragic.

pkr2 - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss too.

My son is only 5, and I don't see him often enough as he lives with his mother.....But I can't imagine never seeing him again.

My thoughts are with you pkr2 - I really don't know what else to say.....:(
  19. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Thanks to all for the sentiments. I truly appreciate it.

Harrell S.