1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just got the 1st issue of BASS GEAR MAGAZINE

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freddy-G., Aug 6, 2008.

1. Freddy-G.

Freddy-G. take your protein pills & put your helmet on Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Duluth, Georgia
    I just received the digital version of the new Bass Gear Magazine. I'm so impressed that I am going to upgrade to the print version. Looks like Tom Bowlus has done a fabulous job of expressing his passion for bass gear in a printed format. Congrats on a great job, Tom! Move over Bass Player Magazine! :)

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I got the digital version too. Very well done.

3. +1 Our own TBer Vic wrote a very nice review of the LMII also.

The power tests are interesting. If I am reading these correctly, the LMII puts out almost as much power as the Genz Benz 1200 into 4ohms (about 150 watts less), when THD is kept constant.

I haven't really gone to school on understanding the power ratings though, so I might be misinterpreting the numbers. They look very well done (i.e., they fix a THD level and then test the power, which I assume is the true 'apples to apples' versus just 'rated power' by the manufacturer).

VERY nice job from Tom and the boys. I look forward to getting my paper copy soon so I can really go to school on all that technical detail!:hyper:

4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    +1. I enjoyed it as well.

M

5. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    My work puter refuses my attempts to view it. Dammit.

6. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    A good read. I especially like the article on bass factories in China- Maybe now we can move past the assertion that Chinese basses are cheap due to slave labor... What a minute, where do I think I am?

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    got a link where I can sign up?

8. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I purposely didn't read the online version. Waiting for good ol' analog paper version.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I just signed up for the online version, and couldn't get on. I must be missing a step. BTW, I'll be getting a regular paid subscription too.:)

10. I think it takes a little bit for them to email you your 'secret code' to get on the site after you sign up. Give it a few minutes.

11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I see now.:oops: I am definitely subscribing to the hard copy version. Bass Gear is the magazine version of all desert (gear) and no vegetables (instruction)!:D

12. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    It took them so long to get it done that I lost my secret code.

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm subscribing for sure. This web site isn't quite enough GAS fuel, I need more. Looking foward to the analog version here too.

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    www.bassgearmag.com

Thank you for the kind words, folks! In truth, this being only our first issue, we know that we have lots of room for improvement, and we have many ideas of how to make it better going forward. But again, I am glad that you like things so far, and we really appreciate your support!

Thanks again, Tom. :)

15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yes, it did take a while. Sorry. :meh:

But, your code should be right there in your e-mail with the link. :)

Tom.

16. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    The e-mail might have been sent to your spamboxes, thats what happened to me.

17. Yep, I checked it out this morning and have upgraded already, very excited about the new mag.;)

18. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I subscribed last week and look forward with optimism to receiving my first issue. There is a need for a good Bass Player magazine as I've subscribed to BP several times and dropped it as it seemed to be the same stuff every month. I'm looking forward to getting some real meat!

19. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    New Jersey
    hmmm...I subscribed for the digital edition a while ago and I haven't got anything in my inbox and I want it now! :hyper:

20. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    As suggested, check your spam filter. If you still have nothing, then PM me your e-mail address, and I'll make sure you get it. :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021