1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got this T40

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GerManson, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    15 years ago I was telling people how great T40's are and nobody listened. The pickups are amazing, and even though most T40's weigh a ton, they just sound and feel so dang good. Congrats on a great bass !

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    T40's are hot $hit around here.

3. no kidding! peavey rarely puts out anything less than great!

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

Great bass! I just sold one as it was something stupid like 13lbs+.

How heavy is yours?

5. i don't know, it arrives tomorrow, but seller told me is heavier than hell.

6. MTMTEX

MTMTEX

Apr 30, 2008
    austin tx.
    Just put mine on the scale and it came in at 34.7 pounds. Of course I took the neck off....and the bridge....and the pickups are out of it.....all that stuff probably adds another 8-10 pounds .....:D

7. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I bought one when they first came out, I paid 225 for it brand spank'n new. I loved the pickups, weighed a ton but I didn't care. I sold it sometime in the 80's wish I never had. I just bought a black and maple one off ebay this week, should be here next week and I can't wait! Congrats. on your T 40

8. nice you got yourself a T40 back!
    i cant wait anymore to play mine.

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Noyce!!!

10. Lalo

Lalo

Sep 11, 2003
    San Antonio Texas
    Felicidades Germanson, que todo este bien, best regards..

11. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I regret selling mine :crying:

12. Great basses. If mine was a five string I would have never sold it. Congrats!

13. Band Dad

Band Dad

Dec 5, 2006
    San Mateo, CA
    GerManson, heigh thee over to the T-40 club where you and your new baby will find lots of friends. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482874&page=31

I just picked up a '78 and find it's about as heavy as my son's '83 G&L L2000. Anyone with tips on weighing a bass? Does a bathroom scale give a true reading at that end of the weight spectrum?

I must say, they are some chunk o' musical goodness.

14. Mesa XI

Mesa XI

Feb 25, 2009
    I always hated Peavey, until now that is. Beautiful bass

15. GerMason-
    congrats on your 'road-worn' treasure! The T-40 should be in the bar-gig hall of fame.

16. Congrats on your new bass, I played one when they were just out and loved the tone but not the weight. I probably should have gone for it anyway.

You can weigh yourself while holding the bass, and then weigh yourself again without it. The delta should be close enough for government work.

17. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I know this may be blasphemy, but my G&L actually weighs more than either of my T-40's and both of mine are first year models. :eek:
    :D

18. Lalo

Lalo

Sep 11, 2003
    San Antonio Texas
    HHmmm I Love my G&L asat bass!!!! :scowl: not too heavy but if you have maybe the l2000 i think those are heavier :D

19. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    L2000 Ash bodied but feels a bit like a resonant lead body. :D My T-40's are plenty heavy but the G&L takes the cake.