Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got TubeBlower

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mksolid, Sep 23, 2005.

1. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Musician's friend shipped it with a 9v battery. However, the battery compartment is bigger than the battery! and the battery moves around and loses contact with the terminals...what's the deal?

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    So the product, in true French fashion, already surrendered it's secret for the low price? ;)

Try stuffing it with something to tighten up the fit.

3. Oui, Oui!

Might one suggest a white flag? ;) :bag:

4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Waoh, that's crappy...

I never used a batterie with mine, so I don't know. If you just have to put stuff inside, that's a little price, in comparison to how it sounds ! :D

5. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    figured it out. terminals are bent in for shipping purposes (since musician's friend's way of testing seems to be throwing a battery in and seeing if it turns on)

6. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    UPDATE. this thing is unbelievable. it can make my ampeg b1 combo scream without even lighting the Peak light... unbelievable..

7. LoGruvz

LoGruvz

Apr 11, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I checked MF and all it says is discontinued. I guess they are out of them.

8. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    That wouldn't be a surprise, the only shop that sells them in Lyon was allways out of them, when they begun to sell them. It's a great pedal, indeed... :D

9. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    this thing is bad. I think it's affecting the style of music I want to write. I was writing folky and jazzy stuff lately and now I'm wanting to write songs like "Dig a Pony"

10. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    That's the part that Blows.