Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just had to do it.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Mar 18, 2002.

1. I just had to post a pic of my basses. No reason, just thought you might want to look at em.

2. nice, what with the one on the left does it have covers on the pickups?

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It looks like he hasn't put pickups in it yet.

That's your 'in progress' Warmoth isn't it, count?

4. I think you are right, but I have seen the natural colored pickup covers that gruff was refering to.

Nice basses Count.;)

5. Thanks guys.

Embellisher is right. I'm going to order a set of Rio Grande pups for it this weekend.

That Warmoth plays like a dream. It is going to sound awesome when I get the pickups in it.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's alright I like to shamlessly post my basses all around here, also. LOL.

7. I just feel bad if I don't share their lovliness with others......

Look at that Carvin! I was actually going to sell it recently to buy an L-2500.....That would have been a dumb move.

I would still like to own an L-2500 but I can't sacrifice such a nice instrument to get it.

8. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    Nice carvin! I wonder why we don't see more of them on here, I love mine.

9. They really are top notch instruments. I love mine too.

The only reason I considered selling mine was to get a different sound. There is nothing wrong with the way the Carvin sounds at all, it's just I have been playing basses with J style pups for a while now and wanted to try something different.

Maybe next year I'll add a third bass to to the list and I should have all the bases (no pun intended) covered.