Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just how good a deal was this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Oct 20, 2005.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I while ago there was a used alembic sitting in the local guitar store, i played it, got a fresh pair of pants and played it more, it was like butter. Now at this time i had just recently purchased my G&L tribute L2500, so i wasnt in the market (im broke!), but it was fun to fiddle with. The price tag was around $1800 Canadian, which is around $1500 american. i didnt really look at the condition, but there was no visible damage/nicks. Cant remember what kind it was, although i think i remeber the words F-1 series, but it doesnt look like the one series on their site. It looks more like either an orion, rogue, excel or europa.

In any case, just out of curiousity (im not crying over spilt milk, im broke!) was this a good deal (probly couldve haggled them down further) and how much of a deal was it?

2. If it was either a Rogue or Europa (NT), it would've been a (very) good deal. For an Orion or Excel (SN) that price is about right, maybe a bit too high even, but it depends on the woods used and the possible custom changes from 'standard' etc.

If it was a Series I with a Rogue or Europa body shape it would've been a GREAT deal you'll be regretting for the rest of your life to turn down, so for your inner peace let's assume that's not the case, OK? ;)

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    If it were a Epic that price was way High! However if it were a Series 1 or 2 than it would have been a Steal!