Just how versatile are crybabys?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mr Cup, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Mr Cup

Mr Cup

Mar 2, 2000
    Hi everyone, sorry if this comes across a bit daft, but I was wondering about the crybaby wahs, I've heard so much about them, but I can only relate the sound to stuff that Flea does. What other bands use them, or what other styles could you use them for? And lastly, are they the best wahs on the market (for the price anyway)?

Mr Cup
  2. ablinow

Apr 15, 2000
    Norton, MA
    I have a dunlop crybaby bass 105Q wah and its definently very the best on the market. You can use it with fast slap techniques or you can rock back and forth it slowly with long notes. Also you can get the 105Q for like $120 bucks, it definently kicks ass!
  3. ratm bassist uses the 105q with overdrive for calm like a bomb and more. robert truillo also uses it. anyone else know more musicians. i always see a 105q on bassist's boards if they use a wah.
  4. Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  5. Mosfed

Mosfed Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    The 105q is great on bass but there are some that I prefer (the reissue of the Colorsound wah is my current favorite).

The normal crybaby cuts way too much bass. The 105q sounds awesome on guitar as well as it retains that low end.