1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

just jammin'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcollin, May 6, 2010.

1. pcollin

pcollin

Dec 22, 2005
    Portland, Maine
    I've been playing in a decent cover band for the last 5 years or so and we're getting ready for our summer season of gigs. Like most bands we spend all of our time learning new songs and working on our "act". Last night at practice we didn't play our stuff or any new songs....we just jammed. It was great! It's been years since we just jammed. No real structure - just everybody working off a riff or chord progression. It was like back in the days of our parent's basement/garage. So much fun. We were all smiling and cracking up with everybody adding "something" and not really knowing where it would end up. A little blues here, a dash of funk there, some crunchy guitar a cosmic keyboard sound -- just a free for all. What fun! I gotta say I thought it was a pretty good practice night.