Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just joined a new band!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Had our first practice last Saturday :D Looking forward to getting back into the club thing. I think this group has potential. The chemistry is excellent. I knew it would be good when I drove up, the drummer came running out and helped me carry my rig in to the studio! :eek: :D And, after practice, he helped me carry it back to my van!

2. Congrats MG!!!!!

Have fun with your new band!!!

:D :) :D

3. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Glad to hear it, M.G.!

4. Sounds good! Hope it works out for you.

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Cool deal. Good luck!!

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Nothing beats having bandmates who are good people... that to me is more important than the pay (if any). Congrats!

7. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks guys. Now all we have to do is find time when we are all available to practice! :confused: :eek:

8. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Well, we finally had our second practice today, and things are starting to come together. The songlist is growing, and we are looking to pick up a new PA soon. I did learn today that the lead singer is pregnant! Not sure what effect that will have. We will probably need to take a hiatus from Dec to Feb :( And no, I wasn't me :eek: ;) I've done my share of reproducing, thank you (3 kids) Her hubby is the lead guitarist. The drummer and I are really getting tight. These guys are so cool, no static at all:cool: