1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just joined the all tube club - Markbass Classic 300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anavar, Oct 2, 2017.

1. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    And oh my, what an amp!

i love my micro amps and class D stuff but good lord, this thing is a brute! I only really got to play it for a few hours but i have band rehearsals this and next week along with a headlining gig to test it out on. Very excited!

jie0io.

Currently running all sovket tubes and they are
    2x ecc83's
    2x ecc99's
    6x kt88's

its very loud even at 175 watts into 8 ohms. Cant wait to try the full 300 at 4/2 ohms.

mattbass6945, BOOG, Microbass and 2 others like this.
  2. Very nice man! Gotta get that beauty up on a 810!

anavar likes this.
  3. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    thanks guy!

i actually want to get another ninja 212 and run a stereo stage setup with the amp on the floor lol. But i totally understand the guys who say "you just cant get the tube tone from a class D amp" and now that i own both i can say that is very true.

BOOG likes this.
  4. Yeah I guess 4 12's would work too! lol. Yeah ever since I switched over to tube I have a hard time playing on a SS head. My band does all originals and I love the over driven tube distortion sound. I always had a bunch of pedals with my SS amps to attempt to emulate it but it just doe not compare. I don't even use pedals with my current set up. Maybe the odd chorus pedal if I'm playing Tool lol.

5. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    Jammed it last night.

Its a learning curve to say the least. The low end is waaay thicker and the way it plays with pedals is different compared to my little mark rocker 500 amp.

great fun though :)

BlacknWhite likes this.
  6. Through that Ninja 2X12, I'll bet it sounds kickass. I love those cabs.

anavar likes this.
  7. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    yeah man the ninja 212 is a fantastic cabinet, cant wait to get another one :)

8. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    so it took a little while but behold

300 watts of bumble bee fury. I also nabbed a 2017 Warwick Custom Shop LE while i was at it ;)

24fgye1.

LeftyD and floridagatorfan like this.
  9. That is a fantastic set up you have there! I'm just getting back into playing and wet my feet on a Markbass 1x12 Combo last Saturday. Was very impressed and leaning towards that or 2x10, but seeing this makes me want to dive in "head" first :woot:

10. Make it tall on stage.

11. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    used it as a vertical stack with my old band, it was really good. tone was excellent and it took us almost no space.

going to do a stereo set up for an upcoming ep launch with the classic 300. exciting times :)