1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just joined the Zon club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marcus, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ...with my order of a Zon Legacy Elite, as seen below:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

To say I'm excited is quite the understatement. Big thanks to AJ Brown for pointing me in the direction of the Atlanta Bass Gallery. Jim at the store is a cool guy and was really helpful.

I can't wait to get my hands on the thing. Expect a review then. This is the first "boutique" instrument I've ever purchased. It's such an insane feeling.

2. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Congrats! Looks real cool.

3. jwl

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
    looks awesome. i have a 96' legacy standard six and a 98' sonus custom six fretless. my legacy is the bolt on version no longer in production. i'm sure you will like your new bass. mine replaced 3 alembics that needed constant adjustment. the zon's really need nothing but string changes. zons and fenders, nothing better. peace, jeff

4. What do you run your Legacy through? And it replaced 3 Alembics? Awesome!

5. very cool!
    one day I'd love a Zon Legacy 6 :)

is that zon in the pic the one that will be yours?
    if so, sweet!

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Bet youve got it just because Tetsu of l arc en ciel has one too!!!! (BTW did you know that his bass lines are written by a computer????)

Nice bass, to be honest i wouldnt mind owning one too!

7. That is the exact bass I will be receiving ^_^ I was considering a 6'er, but I just cannot justify the use of the C for a practical context. At least where I am musically, that is.

Maybe :smug:

I did not know that they were written by a computer... I don't quite understand that either, but I do know that he is a killer player and an obvious inspiration of mine ^_^;;

8. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Wow, congratulations on a gorgeous bass.

:)
    Marshall

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    You know a computer that crates a bass line using a data base.
    It took me 2 days to tab and learn flower the coolest of theirsongs IMO. Havent you ever thought about them as the Japanese Queen???

10. I've never heard of a computer that does that... that's... strange.

I transcribed Flower as well - I love that song.

My current favorites though are from the album Smile (Spirit Dreams Inside, Lover Boy, Feeling Fine, and so on...)

I also really dig tunes like Winterfall, but again... i'm a fanboy so it's hard for me not to be uber-bias.

I've never thought of them as the Japanese Queen, but now that you mention it... to a certain extent :smug:

11. I tune my 6 up to F :)

and who is this l arc en ciel that you speak of?

12. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Hey Marcus, congrats! I'm as excited for you as if I were getting that sweet bass myself! You know the rules... you still have to post pics and give a review after you've come down off the Zon cloud. :bassist:

13. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    very nice Zon... grats.

14. catchy :)

they have a good sound...that bass player has quite a cool collection of basses already :)

15. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Love the top on your new bass! Congrats!

16. jwl

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
    i play fender jazzes now but when i play either zon, i use the same rig as i use for my jazzes: alembic f-1x preamp, qsc power amp, mesa boogie 1x15 and 2x10. i really can't say enough good things about zons. i custom ordered mine and the wait i remember was almost unbearable. but it was worth it. they sound great. one of the things that is so great about fenders is that they don't have any of the unbearable overtones alot of boutique basses have.this is often referred to as having a limited tone palet. zons are like fenders in this regard. although they are boutique and can produce far more tones than a fender, all of the tones they can produce are very musical and usable. i have recorded alot with them and every engineer i have worked with has really liked them. they are a really small shop. i remember calling joe once with a question and the person who answered the phone said " i'll ask joe to call you back, he's on the router right now". i thought that was way cool. peace, jeff

17. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Marcus, you are going to be amazingly happy with that bass. As an owner of TWO Zons, tho not Legacies, I'm excited for you. I LOVE my Zons!!!

18. Thanks for the compliments all ^_^

I was five seconds away from going into fanboy "why they are so great" mode, but yeah, cool is a way to describe it :smug:

19. I have a Zon Sonus 4 and love it to death. Congratulations!!