1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just lead vocals and bass with covers.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Oct 7, 2006.

1. So I was listening to One Hot Minute by RHCP the oter day. And I really dig Flea's song Pea. This got me thinking that it might be cool to cover some top 40 and other popular songs in this manner. Just lead vocals and bass.

Maybe throw it in between sets or when the guitarist needs a smoke break if your playing shows :).

Anyone here do this? What kind of songs have/would you try doing?

I'm going to start listening to the radio and give this a go. Keep a good groove and throw in the odd melody or something.. Just brainstorming :)

2. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Boris the spider would work too I think :)

3. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Good question, here are a few quick thoughts:

Some Kind of Wonderful by Grand Funk - pretty much is bass & vocals on the original recording except for a righteous organ on the "Can I get witness" part.

Stand By Me by Ben E. King (and many others) - the bass carries the song.

Sunshine of Your Love by Cream - bass line carries it.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021