Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just left my band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by matthewfoote, May 22, 2005.

1. I decided at long last to hand my notice in to the band I was playing with. This was inspired a little by TBer Wulf in his earlier thread. It was quite a difficult decision as we have 3-4 paying gigs booked up each month till the end of the year.

However I did it and boy do I feel better after the event. I guess that some things are meant to be and some things just aren't.

I suppose that my advice to people is if they are not happy in a band and cannot change it then leave and form your own project.

Regards

Matthew

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    My experience has been that whenever I found The Nerve to walk away from something I knew wasn't serving me, something much better quickly came along and took it's place. It was really difficult for me to leave a cover band a few years back that was bringing in a few hundred bucks a month that I really needed. About a month after I left a gig came to me (I didn't even go looking for it) where I wound up making twice as much money, playing with someone I've grown to really love. And most of the gigs we do are in really upscale places where we get fed great meals and get treated like kings and queens. I believe 150% that if YOU BELIEVE this will pave the way for something better, it will.

Congratulations.

3. Joe

I couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks for the post.

Regards

Matthew

4. No doubt that change can be very scary and fear of change can drag your quality of life down. Good for you! I hope everything works out for you!