Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just look at the pic!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick man, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

I got it done on Friday the 2nd, but I havent had a good pic to post so I held off from anouncing it. I know how you guys are about pics of cool basses/ink/anything!

My parents dont know yet. I got it done a couple days before they moved me into my dorm at UF and wore long sleves the whole time I was around them. Next time I visit them (on the 16th) Ill show them.

Peace
    Nick

EDIT: I forgot to mention that its on my inner right forearm.

2. SnowBaby518

SnowBaby518 Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Southern Cali- US of A
    LOL THAT IS SOO AWESOME!!!!its tight!!I can't believe your parents don't know...lol...That's tight,(good thinkin wit the long sleeve;)lol,do you play any sports or anything,lol,But I think its awesome...lol

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks

I dont play any sports anymore. Im all about music.

Anymore comments?

Peace
    Nick

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    hehehe...dude, you're crazy....why did you hide it from your parents?

-Mike

5. SnowBaby518

SnowBaby518 Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Southern Cali- US of A
    I don't think he's crazy,but I mean I wouldn't do something like that,but that's me...You might not either,but he wants to so let him do what he wants,just chill with it MJ5150

(I like to say that,lol)

-Stacey

6. 38 words...

6 "lol"s...

my head is going to explode...

BTW: nice ink man :hyper:

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    lol

and yeah... cool ink

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That looks a lot like how I draw my bass clefs. did I draw that?

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I only hid it from them because they had enough to worry about seeing as they were leaving their diabetic son to live on his own for the first time. I decided that Id show it to them later after everything was well and they had relaxed a bit.

Oh and if you are wondering why I didnt wait till I was out of the house, its because I wanted to go with a lifelong friend (14/18 years) who was only in town on vacation and is in the Navy. It would have been my only chance for the next 8 months.

Peace
    Nick

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Actually I drew that.

I dont normally draw my bass cleffs like that when Im writing music (the rare times that I do) but I had been drawing it like that for over a year as an idea for a tattoo. My friends and I told each other that we would go together to get our tattoos done if we still wanted them a year from now. A year passed and a few of my friends got different tattoos from those they origionally planned on on their own so I decided to get this one done since my bets friend and I said we would go together next time he was off duty.

Peace
    Nick

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    ahhhhh.....ok.....i see the reasoning behind your decision.....yeah, they were prolly stressed out enough.....you think they will flip about the tattoo?

hey SnowBaby....i wasn't trying to give Nick any trouble.....relax, with the "lols" too.

-Mike

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Shes a girl, they like to giggle un-needadly. Is coo.

13. Stacey, chill girlfriend, you just joined today and you haven't earned the right to tell the oldtimers how life should be here at TB.

Welcome!

Nick, it's done well but I would have told my parents first, just my opinion though!

[​IMG]
    Treena

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    They probably will. They dont tell me what they were like when they were young, but Ive heard from other family. They were a lot more free spirited before than they are now. Maybe Ill just remind them about that and they'll relax.

Peace
    Nick

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I just realized that it looks a bit squashed in that pic.

I actually went to one of the most well known places in Miami to have it done and I carefully drew it up (in full size, I had drawn it smaller thousands of times before) myself the night before so that I didnt have to worry about it being sloppy or cheap looking.

Any tips?

Peace
    Nick

16. damn straight

17. You know Nick, I'm sure you talk via telephone with your parents now that you are at college, right?

Mention to them that you are "considering "having it done and kinda feel them out, you know, see what they have to say, then find the right time and ease into telling them!

Just a thought.......

[​IMG]
    Treena

18. but what if they forbid him to do it? that wouldn't be good :(

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Cool tat! I have a bass tat too.

20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I wouldnt want to do that. Ive lied to my parents thousands of times but what I plan on soing is just showing up in Miami with a short sleve shirt and showing it to them.

If they make a big deal about it over the phone I might be too scared. Besides, theyve seen a few of my friends tattoos so I know their general feelings towards them.

Peace
    Nick