1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just looking but what are your thoughts on Ampeg/ Gene Simmons Punisher 2x15 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassguitarthund, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Like the title says. I am just looking at this point but what do you gentleman and gentleladies think about these cabs? I am looking for a cab to go with my vintage Acoustic head. Saw this on craigslist. Good price? Good cab?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/3124146817.html

2. Hey are you local?

3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
  4. @CL400Peavey, yes I live in GR. :)

5. Thank you for the link :)

Edit: Not sure if it is against the rules to post a price off of craigslist. However the price is posted in the link.

6. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Ahh DUH! thanks

7. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Looks like a solid price, if all working well. I'm sure it weighs a ton, so I would make sure it has wheels

8. bloobass

bloobass

Jul 10, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    I think its a great looking cabinet, but would ultimately decide after I played through it.

9. hodgy

hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Customer Support- Ampeg/ Line 6
    Dear god! I've never even heard of this before! The head looks like it's the guts of an SVT350H. I'm gonna have to see what I can dig up on this thing.

10. I forgot about that thread. I remember seeing it now, lol.

11. No problem, lol. Hey been there before.

Yea the price is kinda steep for me (although would probably be managable), not saying that it is not a good deal. Just caught my attention is all because I am on the look out for a good used cab to put with my acoustic 140. I also found a good deal used on a acoustic b410 with a b600 head (idealy I would love to find a vintage acoustic cab to put with the head but they seem to be out of my price range).

I kinda like my second option (used b410/b600). I would have a newer head bigger head with the cab so it would give me more options and it would come in well under the price of the Ampeg/Simmons Punisher cab. Then again I already have a Gene Simmons Battle Axe and am thinking of getting a Punisher. So the Ampeg cab may go good with my basses, lol!!

12. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I would at least check it out. For curiosity sake. Plus we all would like to know more about it. Maybe the guy has an owners manual. Only thing I could find was the manual for the punisher head. I wonder the specs and weight.