Just making it!! F is coming!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VinceLovesF, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Hi Guys!

Just to express how I'm happy! :D
    This week end, saturday, I ordered a thing I'm waiting for years (3!!).
    I ordered my F Bass Custom BN5!! :)

This will have options I'm dreaming about and will sounds, for sure, great.... :smug:

The long wait of 6-8 months is just starting! :(
    I'll put post with pics of the bass in progress, as I will become a supporting member next month, I will be able to post pics!

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Awesome! I really want an FBass BNF5. What're your specs?
  3. Hi!

For the moment:
    -Exotic wood top (have to choose!)
    -5 piece flame maple neck (could shift to 3 piece flame!)
    -Natural or color for the finish (depending of the top!)
    -Matching headstock!
    -Chrome or gold hardware depending of color and top!
    There are others options that depend from others!

But it will be a cool bass...
    I'm working for 1 year and a half during my school holidays for it, so I won't be difficult for the price too much! (but I have a limit!!)

Thanks for your interest :p
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Oooo, sounds awesome. I'd ask for Spalted Maple, natural finish, and gold hardware if I was going for an exotic wood top. When I order my FBass sometime later in life :)P), it'll be without the exotic top, white finish, ash body, black hardware fretless with lines and flame maple neck.
  5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Enjoy! Glad your waiting is over, for me there's probably around two years waiting period to get to that point, then again its the time I need to actually plan my instrument really well :meh:
  6. Hey!

I waited 3 years...
    My wait is over to order it, but now I have to wait for 6-8 months before I play it!!!

7. Congrats Vince! I love my BN5 and my Studio. They are worth the wait - I almost never play my Fender and Lakland basses any more...
  8. Hey

You're Bob from F Bass forum??
    Hi! and thanks for congrats...
    But I will play My jazz bass Marcus miller again, love this bass too much too! :p
    Sure I won't regret my choice, I'm so happy... :D

9. Yes!

Another F bass leading to France! Moreover it's a custom one...
    F-Basses look gorgeous with exotic tops!!! Congrats Vince.
    Do you get it via Luckymusic in Italia? It seems to be the best place to get a F bass in Europe...
  10. Hi! Salut! lol ;)

Yes, a custom one, with a top. Thanks for congrats...
    I will get it via lucky music, it's the best place to get one in Europe sure....Good people, good prices, and good after sale service....
    If you want more infos, send me a mail ot PM....
    Where's Britanny in France, don't know this place....

11. Britanny means Bretagne en francais...:D
    je vais rectifier ca dans mon profil!
  12. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hey Vince! Great to see you here on Talkbass. This is a great forum! This is Gary from the F Bass users Group on Delphi as well. Your F Bass will be stellar! The hardest part is the wait.
    It is so rewarding to have an F Bass built to your specifications.

Hey Big-O! still LOVE your BN5. That finish with the Maccassar Ebony board is stunning!

I play my other basses occassionally just to remind me how much I love my F-Bass.

I am experimenting with different string brands now to find some easily available alternatives to the Stock Labella Super Steps. (Super Steps sound wonderful, they just don't last very long and I can't get them locally when I need a new set in a hurry) - Gary
  13. I put Dean M SR2000 on my Fbass. They work great.
  14. Salut!

LOL LOL LOL LOL..... :rollno:
    Crétin je suis, crétin je reste..... :rolleyes:
    (Silly I am, silly I'll stay.... :rolleyes: )

Thanks for translation
  15. Hi Gary!

Where's AZGrooveKing? GrooveMonk??
    Days OFF?? Holidays?? :p
    Nice to see you there!
    After mails and Delphi forums (F Bass Group!!) one more time, Thanks for kind words...

16. jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I just bought an F Bass BN5 1 month ago and it is the best bass that I have ever owned. I always get comments on the look and tone. Mine is a natural finish.
  17. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Congratulations finally, Vince!
    believe it or not, I may be ordering an F bass again soon- they are just too good..
    good luck with the wait! - peace, Adrian
  18. Hi Adrian!

Thanks a lot!
    I finally jump into it, it will be a good wait, but as I told on F Bass users group, I will put off some options, in order to have a more "simple" F, I fall in the "TOO MUCH"... :rolleyes:
    Don't toouch the tops before me! :D

No, sincerely, I know that you're back in the place, saw some "things" on your website.... :p
    Happy to ear this from you!!
    What are you going into??
    New top? Natural?

19. bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Hey Vince,

Congrats on the decision. I recently got to try an F Bass for the first time (Ari's 6 string, actually), and they are very impressive instruments.

Not to distract you too much, but were you aware that there's an F Bass 5 string on UK Ebay at present? It's priced pretty well, and going by your description, it may be what you're looking for. The current price is around 1500€, and the Buy it Now price converts to 1800€.

BTW - I have no association with the seller. I just thought it was a nice looking bass, and it stood out as it looks exactly like Ari's F Bass that I tried, only Ari's has 6 strings.

20. Hi!

Thanks for helping!
    But this bass is a standard one!!
    What I want is a custom one...
    Like this: http://www.fbass.com/tops.html

Thanks a lot