Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just messing around ( clip insde )

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Feb 17, 2006.

1. I was just messing aroundf with E major pentonic scale, and trying some things. It will sound borign to you guys but thats becuase I'm still new to 12 bars blue and so on, ok?

Here is the clipage http://webpages.charter.net/derrek/JustMessing.mp3

2. 1 bump :)

3. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Use a metronome or a drum machine when practicing. Always.

Also, go find some old blues tunes to play to. Blues uses the blues scale most often. ;)

4. for your information bud. I've been using the metronome with this clips its set to 100 bpm, and yeah its still a little chaotic at times.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Try using the rest of the scale. There are 6 notes in this scale. Not trying to discourage you.

6. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Eh? 'Discourage', maybe not but how about 'confuse'? What scale are you talking about?

7. Major E pentonic scale
    &
    Major A pentonic scale

8. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    That's right, these are what you are talking about, Derek. And these scales are each made up of 5 notes-not 6. Let there not be any needless confusion about such simple things.

9. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    didn't they just find a new one somewhere out past Pluto?

10. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    LOL!!!:D

11. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Penta = 5

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    People always associate Pentatonic with Blues, which is the added sixth note: But I'm sure you knew. ;)

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

You really wanted us to listen to this bad... didn't you :smug:

Uhm, yeah if you did have a metronome going... you kinda ignored it, or just drifted a lot. Also, work on your consistancy of attack.

14. Are you from south Lousisiana?

15. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My bad, I read it quick. Yeah, hehe, it's not even the pentatonic minor scale.

16. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    So...who's from South Louisiana?

17. Slurm

Slurm

Jan 9, 2005
    blues scale has six notes innit. and it actually works quite well over blues;)

18. I'm asking Derek.

19. no I'm not, I'm from Michigan the fat state. Anways liek I said I was just messing around, and thank you guys for the honesty.