1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just met Nico McBrain!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tractorr, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    He has a BBQ place in Coral Springs FL called Rock N Roll Ribs that I have wanted to try. In the middle of the meal in walks Nico. While he is obviously not a bassist, I figured there were probably a few Maiden fans on here.

Nico was super nice. He seems to be involved in the day to day operation of the restaurant (he came in and started dusting the posters that lined the walls). His cover band plays there occasionally. The decor is tons of Maiden memorabilia including an Eddie statue. Oh and the BBQ was pretty damn good. The chili was amazing.

2. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Very cool. Love maiden. I was surprised to learn (a few years ago) that he lived here in the States. Did you get an autograph?

3. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    I didn't get an autograph but I got a picture. I need to setup a photobucket account so I can link to it.

4. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Oh yeah they are all avid golfers and there aren't many places with more and better courses than South Florida.

5. I've met and jammed with him a couple of times. He married a girl from WV that I went to school with. Cool guy.

6. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I always liked his playing with The Pat Travers Band too.

7. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    I only recently learned that he was the one playing those Pat Travers jams... all this time I thought it was Tommy Aldridge, whom I believe played on the live album Go For What You Know. Imagine that... the iron Maiden drummer gettin' funky!...

8. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Very cool!

9. That is cool. Love Maiden!

10. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    That's awesome! I'd love to meet him, Steve, Dave, or Adrian. I'd settle for Bruce or Janick, but I wouldn't be quite as stoked.

11. Cool,happy for you! Last I saw them was on the Piece of Mind Tour.