Just missed out!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by makaspar, Aug 6, 2020.

1. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    So an Ernie Ball Earthwood "Acoustical Bass Guitar" showed up on the local Craigslist for $350...

Wondering if it was real, I immediately wrote the poster asking to see it, and probably buy it. The post came down the next morning, and he wrote me back saying that it sold immediately, and that it was worth way more. I was #3 in line.

View attachment 3934075

Here's the top end of what they're going for now...

1985 Ernie Ball Earthwood Bass

What about you? What purchase have you just missed out on?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Green Knight and jd56hawk like this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    This one.
    If I remember correctly, it was only $900.
    I doubt I'll ever see another one for that price.
    2u8fabo.jpg

makaspar likes this.
  3. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Love that finish!

jd56hawk likes this.
  4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I can get one from the custom shop but they don't offer that pick guard.
    Small point, but...

5. The one I regretted missing the most was a second hand Pedulla HexaBuzz in Emerald Green at Kurosawa in Japan (similar to the archive photo attached below). I discovered and saved that link in Nov-2017 and looked at the picture many times per day. As an added convenience, my wife and I actually planned a vacation to Japan in February 2018. I had researched directions to the store so I could "try before I buy." The bass sold in January, a few weeks before our vacation.
    0de15ee5499eb7096d0660f8ee7e607d969d9210.28.1.12.2.jpg

Another one I missed out on was an Alembic Epic 6 on Reverb. I was watching it for awhile and its price eventually dropped below $1400. It sold 3 days before my next paycheck, when I was planning to buy it.

6. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I feel your pain ...allow me to belly up to the cry-in-your-beer bar and buy a round for the house after getting skunked on the nicest Ibby SGR I may have ever seen, a mint cond. std. 3 tone burst with a maple board for $200! you don't see blondies much and this was a nicer active model with upgraded PUs. the seller took a higher offer instead of calling my #. can't blame the buyer too much, it did look great, and came with a quality case.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021