1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just need a lil cheering up.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dustklose, Sep 30, 2008.

1. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    Hey, so I know these girl problems get a little annoying. I just need a little cheering up quick so I can get this off my mind.

I have been hanging with this chick for about a month and a half. As of late she has appeared to be getting real close to me. She would kiss me in front of family, hold my hand, cuddle with me, and all that.

Not only that but a few nights before, she had told me that it was okay if i labeled her as my girlfriend.

So I asked her out about 20 minutes ago...

She said it was too soon, and that she had to think about it...

So needless to say I am pretty bummed.

-Dustin

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Bummer dude, we've all been there, and it sucks. Women are beyond our understanding.

Just find an album you love and crank that as loud as humanly possible. It helps.

3. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Put on the amp, and play some blues. You'll atleast get your groove on.

4. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    dont be all emo.

dont worry about crap like that, shes going to all stupid for a while.

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    So she wants the girlfriend label without actually being a girlfriend. She's toying with your head....like that's news.;)

If she want's to have sex, tell her that ******* with your head isn't the same thing.

6. Do the loud music thing. :)

7. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Chicks are crazy.
    take my word for it, don't even try to figure them out, it ain't gonna happen.

8. WTH??? seriously, I was thinking you were getting lazy to start things, but this? wth!!! One thing is sure, let her think about, don't talk about it to her, let her the time. Play the blues during this time.

9. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    i dunno about cheering up, but if you need to blow off some steam, all i can say is this:

Toxicity.

10. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Get your pimp hand working man!
    Slapped-by-Glenn-Ford-640.

11. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    Couldnt hit a girl if i wanted to lol

Threw on some music, took a walk, and calmed myself down.

She ended up calling me, and its a hella long story....

I'm sure i'll be okay :)

BTW...i'm not emo

12. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    we've got time for the story, you know, OT never sleeps.

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Neither could I. Notice my title?:D

I would never hit a woman, unless it meant saving my life, her life, or someone else's.

14. Needs the Atoz face on it.

:atoz:

Find some friends who play something and play it out.

15. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    Well, she has an 9 month old son. She says that I would have to give up to much in order for things to work out. I would have to give up music, I would have to give up all the things I have going for me at 20 years old.

She says that she thinks that I feel like I am obliged to help her out, to help her son out. She says that if I was to ever get big in music, she couldn't do with me being away, she couldnt make me chose music or her.

She said that she told me i could label her as my gf, in case any other girl was bothering me i could use her as a scape goat to get them to leave me alone.

Her biggest thing was that she says I'm to caring, that I am to sensitive for the type of guy she likes.

edit/ i guess it wasnt as long as i thought it was. Her just saying the same things over and over again made it seem forever....

I am still trying to think of what to make of everything thoughl.

16. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Run far far away. She sounds like she doesn't have hobbies and doesn't approve of yours and is trying to get 100% of your attention and trying to test your loyalty.

You can be a great dad (or father figure in your case) and a musician at the same time. It can and has been done.

I don't think she is going to herself a chance to believe it though.

If you give up everything for her you will regret it and it will most likely fester up over the years in a big mess. You shouldn't have to give up everything about yourself, but she doesn't sound like she is willing to compromise and has it in her head what "perfect" is.

17. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont

+1.

18. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I wanted to add that "getting signed" and going on a "world tour" is statistically very low for the average musician.

For her to base your potential relationship on that is like you asking her if you got married to sign a pre-nuptial agreement just in case you hit the lottery or fall into a large potential inheritance.

Doesn't make logical sense.

On the other hand if she is a good mother she is going to be protective of her son and not want you disappearing after a few years after she and the kid get attached.

While I can "possibly" see her point, it doesn't make too much sense.

19. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    So True....

Yet at this time easier said than done.

I'm tryin tho :)

20. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

Serious question.

At 20, are you willing to be a supportive father figure?

When you date someone with kids you HAVE to take this into account and think about treating the kid as your own.

Sure you will have dates while the kid is at the sitter but if the relationship progresses she WILL try and incorporate activities with the kid and see how you react and handle "family" activities, again, if she is a good mother and looking out for her kid.

EDIT: I am not trying to scare you, I promise. Just trying to make sure you see if from a different angle.