1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just need help any direction would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rangerone12, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Rangerone12

Rangerone12

Jan 20, 2015
    I have a set of peavey 115 hc 2 speakers. Not 100% but I Beleive ther is supposed to be 2, 1/4 in jacks in the back. Well I'm missing the top one and I'm wondering if this is supposed to be full range or open circuit or what. I'm new to this. The jack is missing and wires were cut to the tweeters. Help wiring from a jack I would buy to the tweeters would help as well as knowing if the jack should be mono, stereo and if it's open or closed circuit. Thanks any help would be appriciated

2. Can you post a pic of the input plate? Usually the two 1/4" jacks are wired together in parallel so you can daisy chain a second cab.
    The tweeter horns MUST be connected to a crossover network, not directly to the input jacks.

static0verdrive likes this.
  3. Yeah my cab has 2 and I wondered as well... turns out they are in parallel so you can plug another cab in (assuming your head can deal with it).

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Does the woofer play?

Leaving the tweeter mounting hole open will raise cab tuning, possibly drastically, and can lead to woofer damage if not closed up.

+1 to all the above posts.