Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just one.......

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dragen, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Dragen

Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    I want to buy my first and only effect-thingie............what should I buy. I don't have to much to spend, but I'm not gonna buy something equilant to the Rogue bass. Please.....

2. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    What do you mean ?
    A multi-effects thingamabo or Ye Ultimate and Only Stomp Box Effect You'll Ever Need ?

3. W.J.

W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    go for an envelope filter = the best for some funky jams
    I woudn't touch multi - effects , they suck !!

4. Dragen

Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    I must now reveal my complete ignorance by saying: What's a envelope filter? Sounds cool, though. Is it expensive? Over 300$?

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Envelope Filter- Those that I've tried get you a kind of human, vowel-like sound, on the note. It'll get you that Bootsy/flea funk and a lot get a straight on wah effect. Price, I don't know about because I wa never that interested. http://www.americanmusical.com has a load of boxes and rack effects.

Good sounding effects (in the sense of tone)?- Love my BBE Sonic Maximizer. Sans Amp Bass Drivers are quite nice. These shape your sound. An Aphex aural exiciter is in my plans; glistening, full bass that sounds like it's sitting in the chair next to you.

Effects that make you sound like an extra-terrestial?- Tried a Line 6 Bass Pod got pretty weird ($350). I'd like to get an old ART NightBass for a good price. Those things will give the audience nightmares.