1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just one.......

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dragen, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Dragen

Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    I want to buy my first and only effect-thingie............what should I buy. I don't have to much to spend, but I'm not gonna buy something equilant to the Rogue bass. Please.....

2. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    What do you mean ?
    A multi-effects thingamabo or Ye Ultimate and Only Stomp Box Effect You'll Ever Need ?

3. W.J.

W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    go for an envelope filter = the best for some funky jams
    I woudn't touch multi - effects , they suck !!

4. Dragen

Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    I must now reveal my complete ignorance by saying: What's a envelope filter? Sounds cool, though. Is it expensive? Over 300$?

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Envelope Filter- Those that I've tried get you a kind of human, vowel-like sound, on the note. It'll get you that Bootsy/flea funk and a lot get a straight on wah effect. Price, I don't know about because I wa never that interested. http://www.americanmusical.com has a load of boxes and rack effects.

Good sounding effects (in the sense of tone)?- Love my BBE Sonic Maximizer. Sans Amp Bass Drivers are quite nice. These shape your sound. An Aphex aural exiciter is in my plans; glistening, full bass that sounds like it's sitting in the chair next to you.

Effects that make you sound like an extra-terrestial?- Tried a Line 6 Bass Pod got pretty weird ($350). I'd like to get an old ART NightBass for a good price. Those things will give the audience nightmares.