Just order the Avatar NEO!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MMStingRay, Sep 21, 2004.

1. MMStingRay

Aug 17, 2004
    supported by Hipshot, Diamond strings and Clayton picks
    I just ordered the B410NEO from Avatar.

I asked about the heat aging (not to start anyone fighting again) and they use large heat sink and it shouldn't be a problem unless the cabs are really over powered.

Should be here in a couple days, I've never heard or seen them but by this time next week I've give my first hand reports..

Maker a good one Dave! ;)
  2. I asked Dave for the theile small specs for the custom neo drivers. He said he could get them from the eminence engineer.

I'm wondering if the cabinet can be tuned even lower (safely)-down to 50hz or 40hz, I suspect it can which would be great for those wanting a nice and deep 410.

3. I plan on buying one (or two) as soon as I have a working head that has 1K or more watts.
  4. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    I've been pondering those cabs. Only worry for me though, I have a tendency to blow speakers, since he uses custom sized ones rather than the default, would you not be able to get replacements?
  5. You could buy them from Dave.

6. MMStingRay

Aug 17, 2004
    supported by Hipshot, Diamond strings and Clayton picks
    Keep me updated if you try it! I am follow.. :cool:

I think you can get them form Eminence or Avatar. Their stock drivers.

Dave said the cab should be at my door Thursday or Friday. :hyper:
  7. I don't think a second cab is not going to be happening till the new year because of the 'significant other factor' :)

I currently think the avatar 1x15 will suit my needs (loud deep powerful bass to support my 210) even though its a bit 'boring' (if you know what I mean) - specs in winISD and on emminences site suggest
    the 115 is just as loud and a bit better on deeper bass than the avatar 212.
    : the neo410 is certainly interesting and perhaps will give some very fast deep bass (esp if tuned lower).... I await the reviews!

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you want to know the specs on the drivers, all Eminence drivers have a string of numbers on the sides of the magnets. Just e-mail those numbers to Eminence and they'll e-mail you back the parameters, usually in the same day.
  9. What Win ISD can't show you is that the B115 has a midrange hump around 1Khz that makes it sound honky and weak by itself. It does have a very slight edge in lower bass and mixes well with other cabs though.

FWIW I couldn't imagine my rig without the B212. That's what I use when it's one or the other.
  10. I have gigs lined up where I run my bass through a laptop with a bunch of vst plugins supporting an abstract/noise/drone project of a friend of mine....works very well and prevents the show just being a "mouse twiddling" event.....so my rig is basically used as a mini-pa/monitor to make sure I can hear myself and compensate for iffy PA's, --- there can be a lot of rather wild low pass filtering etc so I'd like a cab to be able to eat this up with no problem and project plenty of deep rumble when required. I know a great big disco/PA sub is the real answer to this --- but I'm seeking a compromise.
    I really like the sound of my B210 (other than its lack of trouser flap ability) which is why I'm interested in the 410 neo to support it.
    Or maybe as you suggest, the B212 will be the ticket, everyone seems to love them.

11. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Please post a review after you've given the cab a workout. I'm very close to ordering one of these cabs myself...