Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just orderd my new spector!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jun 6, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey man i just orderd my spector custom! Its going to take 5-6 weeks to get it in! I was so happy when i called spector up and talked to mr.spector himself! I orderd the usa bolt on 5 string in peacock oil finish! Got the optional aguiler electronics and case for all around 2 grand! He said he will sign the neck to me because i was one of the very first to buy the peacock oil finish! Iam so damn happy about this but i feel misserable at the same time abou waiting 6 weeks to see my new baby! I will probably be bald by the time it gets here from pulling my hair out! Does anyone out there have the usa bolt on?

2. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    This is the finish i got! Somthing about it just got my attention! You will all think iam nuts!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've palyed a few of them & they were very, very nice. The Aguilar OBP-1 pre amp is AWESOME!!! You won't be disappointed.

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Awesome, congrats!

What pickups did you get?

5. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    That peacock finish is sweet man. Of course I just love Spectors, they're amazing out and out. My next bass is going to be a Czech Republic 5 string, probably in Black Cherry. But congrats on that bass man, I'm sure it will rock, or whatever you want it to do.

6. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    emg active humbucking! Yeah i cant wait! Iam such a bad customer with money. Since i couldnt get the bass for along ass time i had to buy somthing to play with for now! Got a new pro-2 morley wah wah pedal! how long did it take you guys to get your usa spectors when you orderd? Why sell?

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The NS-2 & NS-5 I bought used but the NS-4 was new & it took close to <font color=red size=4><b>9 MONTHS</b></font>

I'm selling 2 of mine because I want a Sadowsky 24 fret 5 string ($3000+) & these 2 basses will bring in the most cash (I hope).

8. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, considering I'd never heard of Spector when I bought mine, I had to buy it off the rack:p or I wouldn't have even considered it.

It's ironic that I had it sent back to the factory to have a piezo installed. The crappy part is that it took 6 weeks to get my bass back, and that was WITHOUT the piezo! I couldn't wait any longer;)

9. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    damn man i hope mine doesnt take that damn long! I talked to the guys from spector and they said 4-6 weeks so hopefully they are faster than what they think! Have you guys seen the bass that they used the really old wood from? They found some wood that is like several thousand years old or somthing i cant remember ! They found it in the bottum of a sand pit! It has a pearl inlay of a mommoth on the neck! Go to the web sight its cool as hell! I bet it cost a butt load!

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that's an awesome color!

are the us bolt-ons available in fretless?

11. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Be patient. Stuart does great work and it will be worth the wait. I have an '85 original bolt before Kramer took over. You'll love it

12. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i can't afford a usa made spector, what can i say is that my SSD ns5cr in black cherry is a Great bass. i'm really happy with it and i can only imagine haw good your bass will be. the only feature i'd like to have could be an active passive switch, but with the active pickup it may be useless, i'm afraid.

13. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I dont know why you couldnt get it frettless? Go to the homepage and e-mail thmhttp://www.ssdbass.com/NewFiles/basses.htmle

14. Eric,
    I guess I won't congratulate you until you've received your Spector. However, I'd like to tell you that you've made a very wise choice! Please post a pic ASAP of your bass because we all need some G.A.S.!!!

15. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Mr. Dead trust me that i will post pics of it! I will probably sleep with her! But iam afraid my wife will devorse me because iam currently sleeping with my warwick corvette pro-line that i orderd in 97 which sleeps at the lower part of the bed and is sweet! And i also sleep with my 67 fender frettless p-bass which takes up much more of the bed and is very grumpy sleeper!

16. I'd be more afraid that your older basses will divorce you now!!!

17. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    Scotland,
    WOW!!
    That is one heck of a brilliant-looking bass! I can bet it feels great to play too, hope yah have many years of fun.

Today, I tried one heck of a sweet bass.
    It was a Yamaha 5-string something :p
    Although it was 5-strings, i could reach the E-string, even when standing up :D
    It just felt sooo nice as soon as I hooked it up to that Marshal 900watt ;)

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations, Eric!

I know that you will be very pleased with the Spector. Great finish, too!:)

I didn't know that you could get the bolt on with 2 humbuckers, I thought that it only came in single coil+humbucker configuration.

I've never been disappointed in the fit and finish of any USA Spector that I have seen.

I'm sure that you will be very happy, if the wait doesn't drive you insane!:p

19. Zjarrett

Zjarrett

Sep 17, 2000
    beautiful bass!!!! Those 6 weeks sure are gonna be tough but man will it be worth it! I love that finish too, surprising that it's not too popular.

I wonder what the difference in sound is between the USA Bolt-Ons with the swamp ash, and those with the figured maple. Also, more importantly of course, How do the sounds of the USA Bolt-On 5s(NS-JH5, NS-JH5CM) compare to those of the Europe Series 5s(NS 5 CRFM),*glances towards Nino, RAM, Mr. Dead*
    Both are candidates for a 3rd bass.

20. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Actually i asked that to the man when i called! He said the neck throughs were a little more punchy and the bolt ons were more woody sounding! A little more crisp i guess! Which with my style playing feets me like a glove! I dont the finish is really un-populer i think it is just very new! He said he hasnt made one yet except for the one in the pic and it was for the namm show! I think i might shoot myself in the head before it gets here iam so tortured! Cant sleep or anything and its only been a week!