1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just ordered a Fender American P-5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sb69coupe, Feb 29, 2008.

1. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    I got a 20% discount coupon from MusiciansFriend and it expired today. I pulled the trigger and ordered the American Standard Precision V in the candy cola (red) finish with the maple neck. Shipped, with case, $959.99. It is backordered until 4/10/08 but I'm willing to wait for it.

[​IMG]

2. jazz3625tonic

jazz3625tonic Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Awesome.... Good call.

3. Very cool! Can't wait til you get it.

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Very, very nice. I've been interested in basses before but the USA Fender Precision 5 has been making me drool since I first heard about them. It's the first true GAS pain I think I've felt.

Can't wait until the first used ones start popping up in the For Sale forum! :p :D

:bag:

5. That is the only thing holding me back. Must...have...:hyper:

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I just got one. I'm a big Jamerson fan and when I think P-bass I think Jamerson, sunburst/tort, and flatwounds. So I got the burst and put some flats on it and am very pleased with it. It sounds just like the 4 string version which is what I wanted and was my biggest concern. I nearly bought a 4 but I'm just not comfortable on them anymore. I haven't owned a 4 string bass in maybe 15 years. This bass is very light, extremely well built and plays great. I hope you like your as much as I like mine.

7. good choice man
    post a detailed review
    and lots and lots of pics!

8. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I've really been wanting to try one of these...sounds like a GC trip may be in order for me.

9. Wow. Nice score!

10. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    No pics, no 5-string P!

Let's see that beauty! (although it'll probably double my GAS pains afterwards! :D)

11. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Oh Ya!, you are gonna be happy when you get it......... :D

I love my sunburst.

12. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Anyone else have any comments on the American Standard Precision V? Do they sound like a good P with the added string?

13. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Subscribed...........:cool:

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

SCORE! Looking forward to your review!

15. nismaniac

nismaniac

Feb 21, 2005
    OKC, OK
    what are your thoughts on the sound/feel qualities of the B string with rounds and with flats??? Thanks!!!

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I did a good news - bad news thread on these after I played one at GC a month or so ago. The good news ~ it sounds just like a P-bass. The bad news ~ ditto.

17. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    I wanted a maple necked P5! But they only offer two colors right now, and I'm not a fan of the fender low B. Hopefully, they give us more to choose form later, if people buy them up now.

18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    sharp... I like it

19. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I think the B feels great with either the flats or the rounds. The round B sounded better with more sustain and obviously a little clearer but the flat sounds nice. Very deep just not as punchy as the the rounds and the volume will drop off a bit quicker with the less sustain. Overall I really like the flats on this bass. Gives a very big sound that just sounds right to me.

20. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Well, for some I guess that's all good news!