1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just ordered a Lefty Custom L2000

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by thebassmandave, Mar 14, 2008.

1. thebassmandave

thebassmandave Registered User

Jul 24, 2007
    West Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Bass Strings
    Hi Everyone,

Having been really inspired by all the great posts on this forum, I decided to take the plunge today and ordered up a lefty L2000 with a #7 neck and rosewood fingerboard in emerald blue with matching headstock.

Really excited about this as it's the first time I have ever ordered a custom instrument.:D

When I was doing some research about the new lefty Tribute L2000 last year, you all helped make a decision for me with all of the positive responses I read, so I took a chance and bought one, loved it and wanted to buy a second lefty L2000: but in a different colour, so I thought I would take the custom route....

Anyway, just wanted to share this and will post pics when it arrives (ahh! the wait :eek:).

I'm told it will be 12-14 weeks which sounds about right.

Cheers!
    Dave

2. *pants, scratches at door*

3. thebassmandave

thebassmandave Registered User

Jul 24, 2007
    West Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Bass Strings
    :D

I've read other TBr's posts about waiting for their ordered basses and now I understand their anticipation a lot more.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. :D

12-14 weeks seems like a really long time, but I know that's the normal timeframe and I'm sure it will go by fast - I hope!!

I read about another TB'r on here who only had to wait 6-8 weeks, so you never know, if I'm lucky, I may get it a little sooner.

Anyway, I've marked off 14 weeks from now on my calender at work and will be crossing the weeks off as they go by.;)