Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just ordered a Millennia STT-1!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by prockenklang, Nov 2, 2004.

1. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    I just ordered a Millennia STT-1 pre-amp with Telefunken tubes for my Meyer rig!!! I can't wait,it should be here on Thursday. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. :eek: That rig will be insane!! Definitely need pics for this one.

Nice!

3. Daniel L.

Daniel L. Guest

Aug 30, 2002
    When will your AJ Presentation be arriving? ;)

Seriously, you have a very, very sweet rig. You have to get some pics of it!

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...man, the airfare to your house alone would be worth the price just to play through that set-up...

~S~

5. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Yep; U da Man!

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA

8. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    Curbows!

9. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Long shot, but would love to hear your thoughts on how this sounds as a DI compared to the Avalon U5 .... assuming you've had the opportunity thru a U5, of course! I saw the TDD-1's a AES in San Francisco last week. Looked very cool, congrats.

10. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    I have a U-5 also and doing an A/B with the two is something that I am really looking foward to doing! I will let you guys know how they compare in the next few days!

By-the-way Devilman,sorry for not responding to your PM,I just sent you one! No hard feelings I hope!

John

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Geez! I'm guessing you've found a good hospital for your sickness??? :p :spit:

12. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    I got my Millenia STT-1 yesterday,and all I can say is OH MY GOD!!! It is with-out-a-doubt the best pre-amp I have ever heard,period!!!! The input is tube or solid state,the EQ is tube or solid state, the compressor is tube or solid state,and you can use any combo of tube or solid state that you want!! Just playing it flat with-out the EQ is amazing! I knew it would be good,but It sounds even better than I thought it would,I am floored!!!

13. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Sounds great! One thing: the Milennia rep at AES mentioned that the DI can switch between tube and solid-state, but the preamp is solid-state only. Is this different from yours?

14. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    :oops: Sorry; I've got GAS. :help:

15. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    The DI is tube,and the pre-amp is either tube or solid state!

16. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Have you tried it with other stuff besides the Meyers yet?

If so, let us know how that is.

Thanks for the GAS attack.

17. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    The first thing I played them through was a Glockenklang Soul head and a Glockenklang 2x12 cabinet.I bypassed the pre-amp in the Soul and just used the poweramp section.It sounder killer!!