Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just ordered a Sadowsky Metro !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Atlanta, Apr 24, 2004.

1. I just ordered a Sadowsky Metro today from Atlanta Bass Gallery. Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

It's Olympic White with a Rosewood board and tortoise guard, a la Michael Rhodes. Awesome. I have wanted a Sadowsky for many years, and I can finally afford one, albeit a Metro. This is fine with me, since the quality is purportedly the same as his NY basses, and I didn't see any sense in buying a NY model with an opaque color. Delivery is in June or July, so I'll be posting a review then.

Roger has set the price on these basses; all of the dealers are required to sell at the same price. They can't even throw in freebies or free shipping to sweeten the deal. Which is kinda nice.....like buying a Saturn; no haggling. :D

Just a note here about Atlanta Bass Gallery : For you Georgia TB'ers, Jim Rubio has leased the former Warrior Gallery on Piedmont at Monroe and he just opened for business last week. He's carrying a lot of nice gear. Being a bass player, he understands what we want and is really great to deal with. So go over and say Hi to him. (Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in ABG; in fact, he's actually a friendly competitor. But he's a heck of a nice guy and will do you right.) :)

Randy

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    MAN! :eek: i love it! Congrats bro. Gonna be a rough wait till summer! ;) :D

3. Awesome!!! That is my favorite color scheme for a Jazz. Congrats.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Nice, get yourself a leo quan badass II, those are not my fav colors but is your bass and its a great model.

Dont you think that a maple fingerboard would fit better (just a suggestion).

peace and congrats.

I also want a metro!!!! :bassist:

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That's my favorite color combination for a Jazz Bass. Congrats!

And, I work about 1/2 mile from where the Warrior Gallery used to be, so I'm going to have to check out the Atlanta Bass Gallery--soon!

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    This is not my favourite colour combination (actually I don't like tortoise guards), but this bass is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Many congrats !

JL

7. Oh man!! I was kinda drunk when I read this thread at 2am, and I stopped reading at "I just ordered a Sadowsky Metro.."
    Atlanta Bass Gallery?!?! That is trouble on wheels. I gotta check it out. And, stay as far away as humanly possible.. :D
    Seriously, I've been waiting for this for awhile. Atlanta deserves an all-bass store.

8. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I'm afraid this won't be enough to cure JT from his custom Conklin fetish, anyway... :D

(no... JT ! stop boxing me please !!!!)

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads on soon joining the Sadowsky club. the quality is top notch you wont be disappointed. Now it is just the waiting game, some times that is harder then picking the bass itself out. :bassist:

10. Sweet, man! I think I'm gonna have to get one of those Metros myself one of these days.

As for the color scheme, it certainly works for me. In fact, both of my OTHER Fender Jazz basses are both off white w/ tortoise pickguard and rosewood (or pao ferro) 'boards. I call them "the twins."

11. MAJOR METAL

I played the metro 24 fret when i went to Sadowsky's shop and the quality is identical to the NYC line. Will this be the first Sadowsky you play?.

12. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    That is an awesome looking bass. One of my absolute favorite color combinations too. I think a Sadowsky may be on the soon to get list....or soon to receive;)

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How much do the metros go for?

14. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    According to Sadowsky website, from $1,800 to 2,000, depending on the woods.

15. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Just do it. ;)

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hmm, one of those used might actually be affordable :p

Maybe in 20 years.

17. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Congrats dude!! I really hope they don't raise the prices by the time I save enough to buy one... :p

18. Yep......never laid hands on one before. But I've read all the reviews, of course. I've talked to people who have played both models, and one source liked the Metro better than the NY model. The Japanese are known for their fastidious attention to detail, and I suppose they are trying extra hard right now to keep the Sadowsky quality up to par.

Figjam.......that model costs $1825.....less than most used NY models. And unlike the older Tokyo model, the Metros have the same electronics as the NY basses.

Dave......yeah, Atlanta HAS needed an all-bass store, which is why I started Bass Atlanta. But we are only open for limited hours, due to my "real job". So, ABG is filling a need that I can't fill. We carry mostly different products, so we don't compete head-to-head on many items. Besides, Jim is a great guy and there's room for both of us in the Big A. ;)

Randy

19. MAJOR METAL

I second that. peer preasure :D

20. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice bass though. Nice price too. Jazz basses arent my bag, but a P/J one is nice to drool at.