1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just ordered a set of Delano JMVC 4 FE/M2s...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tamochantern, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Tamochantern

Tamochantern

Apr 20, 2006
    Decatur, MS
    Ok, I just ordered a set of Delano JMVC 4 FE/M2s and I'm pretty stoked. I'm putting them in my new parts jazz bass. I'm thinking of sticking an Audere 3 band preamp in it. Has anyone tried this? I was just wondering what if anyone had any opinions on the sound.

Thanks ahead of time.

In case anyone is wondering its gonna be black with a b/w/b pickguard, chrome hardware, BadAssII, maple neck with black block inlays and black bindings. Should be pretty hot! :hyper:

2. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Nice! I've been wanting to hear some impressions on those pickups. I just got my 70s reissue Jazz so I'm in no hurry to replace any electronics, but I ran across a set of these going at a nice price and have been tempted to grab them.

I'm sorry that I don't have any opinions to offer, but I hope you enjoy them.

That Jazz sounds like it'll look pretty dang awesome. I love the look of the 9.5mm pole pieces.

3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I am also looking forward to hearing about those pickups. I don't have anything to put them in at this time, but I'm still curious.

4. Tamochantern

Tamochantern

Apr 20, 2006
    Decatur, MS
    Ok, well my Delano's came in yesterday. They look awesome. Of course my project bass doesn't even have a neck yet so I have no way of finding out how they sound. I'll probably order the Audere pre in a couple of weeks (trying not to spend too much at one time!) and once I get everything going I'll post a description and some pics. :bassist:

In the meantime, if anyone hears them let me know.

5. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Use to have a pair of Delano JC 4 AL on my warwick corvette. Did have a choice to get the JMVC 4 FE/M2 but gone for the other instead because i want abit more vintage type of tone.

Delano sound really great, they give you more brite on your sound, clear and more clarity of course.

But switch them out later to use EMG jazz because i want active sound on my warwick, but if i have a choice now i would go for the JMVC 4 FE/M2 for more in the face tone.

Good buy by the way and you also mention you gonna get a set of audere. They gonne sound aweson.

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Bump for an update on those Delanos. So how're they working out? :meh:

MM

7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Bump #2

MM

8. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    Just finished my project bass last tuesday with Delano's. A MC 4 FE Musicman in the bridge and a FE/M2 in the neck with a J-retro preamp. It is in a Geddy Lee body that was routed for the bridge pup. It also has a Warmoth Maple fretboard with black blocks and ultralites. Haven't had even time to take pics but the pickups are fantastic. Took it to my bass lesson and my instructor loved the sound and said these are the pickups for this bass. This bass is on the third set of pups and the last set was Nordstrand.

I am really curious to see what my bass would sound like with an Audere but for now I am going to leave things alone. Love the sound of the Delano's. One last point. My effects pedals all sound better with these pickups...not sure why that is but I am sure someone will jump in and tell me.