1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just ordered a Skyline Glaub

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James Hill, May 3, 2006.

1. I just placed my order for a Lakland Skyline Glaub and it should be in my hands Friday. I intended to get a Fender Precision but my dealer said this one was in his opinion as good or better than the Fender I was considering so I'm taking his word for it. First time a shop has actually steered me towards a cheaper bass. Thought I would share a pic. I love the " old school " look of this bass. Hopefully it sounds as good as it looks.

laklandglaub-4.

laklandglaub-2.

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

VERY wise choice... you will love it. Lakland set-up and playability are almost always great 'out of the box', and the fit and finish are wonderful.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    What Kens said! Congrats on getting a great bass!

4. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Nice, you're gonna love it!!!

5. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Now why didn't they have that pickguard option when I ordered mine? Oh well, here's mine:

glaub1.

6. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    I believe http://JeanniePickguards.com makes Lakland pickguards. Roger will be able to fix almost anything you want.

I don't know the guy but he's a regular at Dudepit.

7. Squidfinger your Natural Glaub is very nice. I don't think that color is offered now. If this thing suits me as well as everyone thinks it will I'm already considering one with the Darkstar pickup. I love my Modulus VJ, but several people have told me the Lakland will suit the music my band plays more than the VJ. I guess I will soon find out.

8. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Great choice!! You won't be disappointed. Many Congrats!

Can't go wrong with a Lakland.

9. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Very good choice. I love my Skyline Glaub.

10. I have the same bass albeit with a single Darkstar. It is really a beautiful bass, light and plays like buttah! The tort guard was an upcharge and has been a special order option for a while.

Jeff

11. No doubt, this thing will smoke even the highest end Fenders. You will love this bass. CONGRATS!