1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just ordered an Avatar SB112 neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by butchblack, May 29, 2007.

1. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts
    Hi

I just ordered an Avatar SB112 neo, and will be running it through a GK backline 600. Anyone else running this set up? How does everyone like the SB112 neo?

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I am sure you will love it. What covering did you order? The BL600 is a real good head. Lots of tone adjustment to play with. What Ohm did you get? I hope you got an 8 ohm, so you can add to it later. I had a BL600 and loved it, but got a great deal on a 1001rb so I upraded, but the BL600 was worth every penny and then some. I have 2- b212neos in LineX, love em, alottt

3. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts
    I got it in the line X also, 8 ohm. I had ordered it in carpet, but they have a supply problem with that so they gave me a deal splitting the difference between the 2 surfaces. I'm looking forward to hearing what the combo sounds like

4. steve66

steve66

Sep 17, 2005
    South Florida
    I have the Avatar 212 Delta and 210 Neo. They are both excellent cabs. I am sure the SB112 will be the same.

5. mmb

mmb

May 15, 2007
    Michigan
    Avatar 212 Neo here. very sturdy and light cab.

Good call on the LineX. I've black tolex and I can see it getting messed up if I'm not careful.

6. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Let us know how it sounds. I am considering adding that same cab to my rig. (BL 600 -> GK 410glx)

7. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I had the SB112 Neo ANd it is a very good cab I was running it with A Genz-Benz GBE-600 and it sounded great. Good bottom end nice mids but kept the horn turned down below 1/4 or it has a tendancy to hiss. I still don't get why more makers don't use Mid Bass or mid range Speakers instead of tweeters. But I digress This is a very good sounding cab. The only reason I sold it was to help out a friend that needed a bass cab.

8. rhp335

rhp335

Aug 3, 2006
    Kansas City
    I'm really interested in hearing how the BL600 sounds with the Avatar. I been playing a 600 with two cabs, a BL115 and a BL210. I really am not getting the headroom I want and don't know if I should blame the amp or the cabs. I suspect the BL600 amp has more juice than the cabs can handle, but before I trade off the whole rig I'd like to see if the 600 is salvagable.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021