1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just Ordered an Ibanez RKB900!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Feb 10, 2005.

1. I just noticed that Musicians Friend has their Ibanez RKB900's on clearance for $349!! (Free Shipping)

I was interested in these after seeing the review in Bass Player. They loved it. Apparently they didn't sell very well so Ibanez discontinued them.

This is a killer deal. It comes with Seymour Duncan QP pickups, a Badass Bridge II, and Hipshot licensed tuners.

It should be a fun, traditional sounding bass. I can't wait to put some flats on it!!

I ordered the black one.

2. Here is a picture of the one I ordered.

You guys should jump on this deal.

3. Got one a couple months ago for slightly more money. It's a no-brainer at that price. Enjoy!

4. How do you like it?

5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I played one of those recently... I gotta say its pretty sweet at that price. And worth every penny.

Enjoy.

6. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    Mine is due on Monday. I got the black one too.

I can't wait until it's here!

I'm hoping that it's a good match for my ATK 300.

I was debating between the RKB and the Fender Mike Dirnt Pbass, but the added J pickup won out for me. Unfortunately, I still like the looks of the Dirnt...

7. I just got back into a band after a five year layoff, and decided I would like to get a new bass. I checked out several models but kept comming back to the RKB900. When the price droped to $349 I figured it was time. I got it about a week and a half ago and I really enjoy playing it. I got the vintage fade. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

8. grindliner

grindliner

Jan 29, 2006
    Motown
    anyone have a link?

I cant find em on MF, with my luck, they're probably all gone.

9. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco

Well, it was a year ago.....
    I was reading this thread and thought nothing of the date until I saw a post that said 2-12....wait that hasn't happened yet. 2005? oops!

-Alex

10. grindliner

grindliner

Jan 29, 2006
    Motown
    DOH!

What a coincedence,lol:bawl:

11. cmhgreg

cmhgreg

Oct 26, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Grindliner: you will see them pop up occasionally on eBay. I think all of the big retailers have cleared them out. Great bass for the money! Quality parts and extremely playable. There aren't a great many of them out there, but keep looking and you'll find one. Good luck.