Just Ordered an Ibanez RKB900!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Feb 10, 2005.

1. I just noticed that Musicians Friend has their Ibanez RKB900's on clearance for $349!! (Free Shipping)

I was interested in these after seeing the review in Bass Player. They loved it. Apparently they didn't sell very well so Ibanez discontinued them.

This is a killer deal. It comes with Seymour Duncan QP pickups, a Badass Bridge II, and Hipshot licensed tuners.

It should be a fun, traditional sounding bass. I can't wait to put some flats on it!!

I ordered the black one.
  2. Here is a picture of the one I ordered.

You guys should jump on this deal.
  3. Got one a couple months ago for slightly more money. It's a no-brainer at that price. Enjoy!
  4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I played one of those recently... I gotta say its pretty sweet at that price. And worth every penny.

5. shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    Mine is due on Monday. I got the black one too.

I can't wait until it's here!

I'm hoping that it's a good match for my ATK 300.

I was debating between the RKB and the Fender Mike Dirnt Pbass, but the added J pickup won out for me. Unfortunately, I still like the looks of the Dirnt...
  6. I just got back into a band after a five year layoff, and decided I would like to get a new bass. I checked out several models but kept comming back to the RKB900. When the price droped to $349 I figured it was time. I got it about a week and a half ago and I really enjoy playing it. I got the vintage fade. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
  7. grindliner

Jan 29, 2006
    anyone have a link?

I cant find em on MF, with my luck, they're probably all gone.
  8. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco

Well, it was a year ago.....
    I was reading this thread and thought nothing of the date until I saw a post that said 2-12....wait that hasn't happened yet. 2005? oops!

9. grindliner

Jan 29, 2006

What a coincedence,lol:bawl:
  10. cmhgreg

Oct 26, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Grindliner: you will see them pop up occasionally on eBay. I think all of the big retailers have cleared them out. Great bass for the money! Quality parts and extremely playable. There aren't a great many of them out there, but keep looking and you'll find one. Good luck.