Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Ordered Bartolini 2.2AP!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by aspdevboy, Oct 29, 2005.

1. My tone pot on my MTD Kingston 5 is getting bad, so I figured the only appropriate thing to do is throw a preamp in there. With only 2 knobs and 1 pickup, I went with the Bart 2.2A/P (active/passive switch on volume knob.)

It should be here next week. Anybody have a story on how doing something like this totally changed your life? ;)

=Paul

2. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    i own a Kingston 5. i couldnt be bothered a single bit on spending a penny on improving it!

dont get me wrong, i love how the bass plays and everything but the sound is sooooooo poor and too mid-ful for my liking. i finally changed it to EADGC and kept it like that for a year. used to get played a lot coz of the different string arrangement. i finally *borrowed* its bridge to install it on a bass i finished building. may be i will take its tuners next :p

3. At first, I felt the same way. But I really worked on controlling GAS, and so I've had the bass for a few years now, 3 or so I think... and now when I play another bass, I boost the mids! lol.. When it comes to it, I like the way it cuts through the mix.

I just got the bart today, and will install it tomorrow, I can't wait! An active signal should give me the oomph my Eden has been waiting for!
    :hyper: