Just Ordered Bartolini 2.2AP!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by aspdevboy, Oct 29, 2005.

1. My tone pot on my MTD Kingston 5 is getting bad, so I figured the only appropriate thing to do is throw a preamp in there. With only 2 knobs and 1 pickup, I went with the Bart 2.2A/P (active/passive switch on volume knob.)

It should be here next week. Anybody have a story on how doing something like this totally changed your life? ;)

2. mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    i own a Kingston 5. i couldnt be bothered a single bit on spending a penny on improving it!

dont get me wrong, i love how the bass plays and everything but the sound is sooooooo poor and too mid-ful for my liking. i finally changed it to EADGC and kept it like that for a year. used to get played a lot coz of the different string arrangement. i finally *borrowed* its bridge to install it on a bass i finished building. may be i will take its tuners next :p
  3. At first, I felt the same way. But I really worked on controlling GAS, and so I've had the bass for a few years now, 3 or so I think... and now when I play another bass, I boost the mids! lol.. When it comes to it, I like the way it cuts through the mix.

I just got the bart today, and will install it tomorrow, I can't wait! An active signal should give me the oomph my Eden has been waiting for!