Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just ordered my Carvin stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KB, Mar 25, 2001.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Ordered a Carvin RL610 stack (R600 head, 2x10 and 1x15).
    Can't wait to get it. Anyone else own this exact stack? I am hoping it will be a huge upgrade from my current old model SWR WM15. Let me know your thoughts.

-KB

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I dont own that exact set up. But I do own the RL 4x10 cab and love it. Congrats!!!! your gonna have a very nice sound going on for yourself.

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I have the RC210 combo which is an R600 head and 2X10 "Red-Eye" cab and a home-made 1X15 cab (using a Carvin speaker)... Basically the same setup as yours... meets all of my needs, (the combo alone meets most of 'em!!). Bi-amping with the 1X15 adds plenty of breathing room!

Let us know what you think of your setup!

http://thebluedogs.cjb.net/

-robert

4. I have the R600 amp, and I've been very happy with it. I run it full range with a 2x10 and a 1x15 (not the Carvin cabs, though) playing alternative rock, pop, punk,etc. and it sounds great! I have the series II, and the only problem I've had is the signal from the built in DI being a little too hot. The new series III have a direct out level control, so you'll be all right.
    Have fun with your new rig!