Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just ordered my P-Bass !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayAmel, Nov 24, 2002.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hi guys,

As I had stated in Jeff Rader's thread , I was looking for a Fender P-Bass.

Thanks zombywoof5050 and gfab333, I took a few time to check MIJ Fender basses on Ishimashi website, and you know what ? I fell in love with this beauty...

[​IMG]

Many musicians I know often say that MIJ Fender's are at least as good as MIA ones, and often better... Don't know whether it is perfectly true, but I know MIJ's have a solid reputation.

For less than the price of an MIM Standard, I have an MIJ one (w/US pickup - supposingly the vintage one). The order has been placed this evening, the bass should be here within a week... :)

2. Sweeeeeettttttt bass Jean!

All the MIJ`s I`ve seen or played have been solid and well made axes.Great color too.Love the classic white(arctic?) w/ black picguard.

Congrats! :)

3. Nice! I was thinkin' of ordering the PB62 or PB57. I need some beano...

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Usul,

This finish is called olympic white. As far as I remember, it is a typically 70's finish, which is normal since this bass is a reissue of the 70's model.

I also love the black pickguard on white body. In fact, that's what made me fall in love...

Thanks,

5. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    It's amazing how they can get it to your door in a week from Japan, but they do. What's more amazing is how good they are. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. When you get it, please tell us how you like it, and don't forget the pics!