Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just ordered my Trace Hexa Vavle!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Jan 16, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just ordered my Trace Hexa tube amp! its should be here by the end of next week!!!! I'm going to be running it with two EA CxL-110s

2. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I didn't realize that they were still producing them.

Is a 'new/old stock' item at that particular store?

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah I bought it used.....

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    at BassNW very nice guys!!! I bought my whole rig from them......

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    9 more days til i get me head!!!:D

6. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I guess no one likes trace elliot anymore.......

7. Not true... but in these troubled times the name Trace Elliot doesn't command the same attention as it did in the pre-Gibson days.

There are many all-valve Trace fans still kickin' and I'm proud to be one of them.

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Jon
    which Trace tube head do you own....

9. I don't yet... but if I ever get my head out of my @@& financially I'm gonna hunt one up. I'd have to say that my order of preference would be V6, V4 and then V8. I'm not sure where in the scheme of things I'd place the HexaValve (as I've never played through one). I did see one at Willie's in St. Paul but didn't get a chance to try it out.

I guess I feel for Trace Valve heads the way many feel for SVT's. What can I say... I've been hooked for life!

10. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Nice one - I hope you have a lot of fun with it!!! Whilst I cannot pretend to be a Valve Head fan (I've actually never had much opportunity to play vale heads) I can definitely say that I'm a big Trace Elliot fan !! Currently on my second Trace Rig! Shame that they've been gobbled up by the Gibson corporate monster, I guess time will tell how bad it is for Trace......

11. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah....I'd say just stick to the older stuff.

12. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Right on.

BTW, there's an original Trace Elliot V-Type head (220w, 4xKT88, British Racing Green covering) on eBay right now with a Buy It Now of $700. It looks like it's in as good shape as my better V-Type (I have two, plus a V-Type preamp), and that's a pretty good deal, considering they sold for $1700 list when new...

13. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    7 days left til I get my Trace Hexa:D

14. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just tracked my Trace and it will be here alot sooner than I thought!!!!! it should be here the 23rd!!!

15. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Well???????????? You get it yet????
    Inquiring minds wanna know.

16. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I got it yesterday, and played it with my two EA CxL-110s!!!! It sounded really really good. But it wasn't as war do to the cabs not getting as low as the head could. The head goes down to 30hz.:eek: I think with two Aguilar GS112s would sound alot bigger, warm, and fatter. We practice today, so I'll keep everyone updated on how it does at a practice. OH, and it's loud!!! turning it to three seems as if the speakers hit their limit on volume. If that makes any sense. SO all in all, I am very happy with this head:D

17. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I'm real glad to hear that you're happy with it. I saw it on Bass Northwest's site and I wished I had the means to get it. I am glad a fellow TB'er got it! Let us know how practice goes with it. I am also sending you a PM.

18. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just got back from a gig. First off, the trace with the EAs sounds so good....But i had a problem at the show with the head. Earlier today at practice to head sounded great. But at the show i plugged in, and got a fuzz over driven sound. I had it set up the same as I did at practice. If anyone knpw what could be causing this let me know:confused:

19. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    How did you have it hooked up? And was the hum/fuzz only present when you up'ed the drive?