Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just ordered the avatar 410neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rusmannx, Nov 9, 2004.

1. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i'm stoked. going to order the 1001rb-II and a skb 3space from riksmusic.com in the morning (they were closed by the time i got off of work).

thanks guys, for all the input you've all given me. i'm going to hammer on the 410 for a while, then i'll let you know my thoughts. i'll also decide a little later if i should get a 115H, or if the 410neo will handle it on it's own.

oh, and i talked to dave about using the GK's biamp feature on the 410cab. he said all you would have to do is rewire the speakon input on the cab from bridged mode, to allow the horn to have the two extra conductors. no biggie.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    What will you be comparing the 410 neo to? I'm sure it sounds "great", but I'm really interested in how it sounds compared to other cabs in its price range (few, of course).

3. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    comparing it to?
    nothing even close. right now i play through a hartke 1415 combo (140watts). this gk1001rb-II (which i just ordered) and avatar 410 neo are not even going to be in the same class.

4. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    im thinking of buying that same setup soon. but im also thinking about maybe adding a neo 220 so that at practice i can haul just that and bring the 410 + 210 for gigs.

5. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i may end up doing that. i'm definetly going add another cab be it a 115 or a 210neo. it just depends on what the 410neo does for me, and what i think i'm lacking in range or tone. that's why i only ordered the one for now.
    dave at avatar told me that adding the 210 neo will definely help with the midrange punch, and that the 115 will help to boost the growl.... but anyone could tell you that.

6. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    well im looking for more midrange punch. i was planning on getting a NV610 but i kinda want something a little easier to transpot and thats a little more affordable. thats why im gonna probably end up going the 410 and 210 route.

7. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    go for it.
    i was initially thinking of getting the 410pro vs the 410neo to add to a 210neo, as i had read that the 410pro was a little more effiecient. dave at avatar says that the pro has a little more rumble to it, but because the neo has a lower freq range, you're more or less splitting hairs.

the 410neo + 210neo would sound awesome i'm sure! set your amp-head on top, and your going to be 40-50" tall! that will look pretty sexy.

8. tommy gilstrap

tommy gilstrap Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2004
    Orange Park, Fl.
    I just bought an Avatar Delta 2x12 cab and it's the best $250.00 I've ever spent! I'm using a Carvin R-1000 stereo head and at 4 ohms the Avatar is getting 350 watts RMS.
    The other side of the Carvin is pushing a 4 ohm SWR Goliath Jr. with 2 Bag End 10's. The sound is high fidelity and LOUD!