Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just ordered this...good sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkyMonkCP, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Hey guys I finally ordered a modulus flea bass which I've wanted for god knows how long. Anyways, I was wondering if the specs on this bass will provide the type of tone/sound on the following songs (yes, I know techniqe is a lot of it). The tone from the songs I hope to get are songs from the chili peppers:

- Throw Away Your Television
    - Higher Ground
    - Around the World
    - Right on Time
    - I like dirt

Thats just a few of the songs tones I'd like to get. Yes, I know its al flea, and thats all I play. I don't care though since I play for my own enjoyment, not for anyone else :)

Anyways, will these specs on the Flea Bass produce the tone similar to the stated songs?

- Basslines Pickup w/Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp
    - Leo Quan Badass Bridge
    - 2 band EQ

Also, I'm going to be using a combo amp since I don't play in a band or anything. I won't know if its going to sound like I want until late june, when its coming, so I'll be on edge till then.

Basically, the two sounds I love from flea's bass is the growl and what seems like a "muted buzz" when playing higher notes.

Oh, and one last thing, what is/was so special about the Lane Poor pickups?

Thanks,

FunkyMonk

EDIT:
    I also want to mention the guys at bass central. They are the perfect example of perfect customer service. They were nice, flexible and knowlegeible. I can't recommend them highly enough...they are great.