1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just ordered this...good sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkyMonkCP, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Hey guys I finally ordered a modulus flea bass which I've wanted for god knows how long. Anyways, I was wondering if the specs on this bass will provide the type of tone/sound on the following songs (yes, I know techniqe is a lot of it). The tone from the songs I hope to get are songs from the chili peppers:

- Throw Away Your Television
    - Higher Ground
    - Around the World
    - Right on Time
    - I like dirt

Thats just a few of the songs tones I'd like to get. Yes, I know its al flea, and thats all I play. I don't care though since I play for my own enjoyment, not for anyone else :)

Anyways, will these specs on the Flea Bass produce the tone similar to the stated songs?

- Basslines Pickup w/Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp
    - Leo Quan Badass Bridge
    - 2 band EQ

Also, I'm going to be using a combo amp since I don't play in a band or anything. I won't know if its going to sound like I want until late june, when its coming, so I'll be on edge till then.

Basically, the two sounds I love from flea's bass is the growl and what seems like a "muted buzz" when playing higher notes.

Oh, and one last thing, what is/was so special about the Lane Poor pickups?

Thanks,

FunkyMonk

EDIT:
    I also want to mention the guys at bass central. They are the perfect example of perfect customer service. They were nice, flexible and knowlegeible. I can't recommend them highly enough...they are great.