1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just Ordered!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mtshaw315, Jul 21, 2012.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    You bought the whole rig?

Whoa.

That bx1500 is a great amp. Great tone and versatility.

2. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    Yep, the whole thing. I just sold my Ampeg SVT-3 and 4x10.

3. When you get it, play around with tipping the 2x10 on it's side(drivers vertical) and playing with the x-over between 100-300hz and see what sounds best to you.
    Is the 2x10 4 or 8 ohm? 8 may actually be better froma power distribution perspective. U probably want a 4 ohm 18.

4. When you get your BX1500 take the time to ensure ALL the sockets on the back panel work. My Tuner out didn't and as the amp only has a one year warranty I was out of luck when I found out it was defective (I don't use a rack tuner anyway).

Aside from that it really is a great amp. I use mine only as a backup driving a 4Ω Acme B2 from each channel.

5. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    I got both in 4 ohm. I don't plan on taking everything out all the time. I just wanted to make sure I had it covered for when I need something that big.

BassmanPaul - thanks for the heads up, I'll check everything out.

6. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    Take the amp cover off and go ahead and spray a contact sealer on the ribbon cable connection.

7. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Definitely run that rig in BI-AMP mode since the cabinets are so different. They built the head's bi-amp functionality with sub-woofers in mind.

:bassist:

8. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    Why?

9. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    I was planning on that so I could adjust the individual levels. I think I'd rather use more of the 210 to keep it tighter sounding, until I play some reggae, then it's all bass! haha

10. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    SWEET! The Carvin stuff looks pretty cool! Congrats - enjoy your new rig

11. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    c874f78c.

I am in love!!!

12. JEBassman

JEBassman Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Sweet looking rig! You'll be able to dial in many good sounds with your modular setup. Congrats and enjoy!! :D

13. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

Apr 2, 2012
    Arizona
    damn! nice dude!

might as well take all that stuff off the shelves back there and put it on the floor now...

14. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Now rock the hell out of that thing. :bassist:

15. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    I played my first gig with the new rig. Well, I only used the 210 cab. Holy %#*@!!! I am so happy I got this, just wish I would've done it sooner!

16. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    Sorry I'm late to respond. The BX1500, which I own and love, has had a string of ribbon cable failure. It is no big deal. All you have to do is take the top off and disconnect the ribbon cable where you can and spray them with contact cleaner. If you do this as new, or when the warranty goes, you can clean then seal the connection to keep the dirt out. It isn't a big deal, but I read about it moments before buying a new amp with money I can't afford to spend. It was an amazing piece of info that I am passing on to you. She is a great amp, treat her nice and beat the crap out of her from time to time. She likes it. ;)

17. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    SWEET! I bet that sounds KILLER!!!

18. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    e0ac6961.

From last weekends gigs. We did a Friday & Saturday on Kelley's Island in lake Erie. That place is hands down the most fun gig I ever do. 3 years running and the owner said we're locked for the busy season next year.

19. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    aab443ce.

Here's what's on the floor for those that like like effects.