Just picked me up an ESP LTD AP-5 - anyone have one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WaynerBass, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Inactive Suspended

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Just picked me up an ESP LTD AP-5 it’s shipped and I’m waiting for it and pretty excited about it. Real EMG PJ pups, Babicz bridge, Grover tuners, ebony fret board. Essentially a modded bass from the factory.. anyone have any experience on this one or the AP-4?
    594A4CD0-F185-4610-A4F7-45556688DF0C.jpeg EF8ECFB5-4608-48CE-A189-B58324F4B76F.jpeg

2. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    No experience with AP-4 or 5 but that doesn't stop us at TB from having an opinion! Given the hardware on that bass and given the fit and finish that comes on ESP LTD basses (like my 6 string) if that bass isn't totally amazing and doesn't blow all other PJ-5 basses away, I will be VERY surprised.

Squittolo, TonyP- and WaynerBass like this.
  3. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Inactive Suspended

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    I know right!! I was goong to buy me a Sire and last minute I figured I’d look around and see what’s new.. lo and behold this beauty with specs that were unbelievanle!

Squittolo and bassbenj like this.
  4. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    What did you end up thinking about the LTD AP 5 bass?

I played several of these and they are some of the best basses out there IMHO.

I've got Sadowskys, Fender Elites, Music Man basses, etc, and the LTD is just crazy good and compares favorably to other instruments that cost 3 times as much.

In the near future I'll probably be picking up one myself just for the heck of it.

Squittolo, BOOG and TonyP- like this.
  5. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I have one coming and I will fill you in.

Squittolo and Raw N Low like this.
  6. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Ok I picked one up based off the specs for a "airline check in back up bass" and this thing is legit.
    I mean totally legit.

Totally a great instrument and this is coming from a Lull artist.
    %100 worthwhile

Nuage420, Squittolo, BOOG and 2 others like this.
  7. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks Tony! I had the opportunity to play one a few months back, and I wish I had bought it. It was a really excellent bass.

Once I get the bills paid off I may look into it again.

Squittolo and TonyP- like this.
  8. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Oh it is and it does!

Squittolo likes this.
  9. EddieJackson

EddieJackson

Oct 29, 2008
    Hello !
    I going to pull the trigger on this one I guess :)
    I suppose this is a good one for mid-high mid frequencies ? You know, Geddy Lee,Steve Harris, Eddie Jackson...

What do you guys think?
    Thanks.

Squittolo likes this.
  10. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I still have one and moving one ;)
    For Sale - ESP LTD AP-5 (New never gigged)

Squittolo likes this.
  11. EddieJackson

EddieJackson

Oct 29, 2008
    ...and I'm in Europe...unfortunatly :) But thanks !

Squittolo and TonyP- like this.