1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just picked up an Ibanez Willis GWB1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jzucker, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Japanese made, ash body, 3 pc maple neck, 34" scale, lined ebony fingerboard, single bartolini pickup with pickup ramp, active electronics, etc.

Exceptional bass for a very reasonable price (used).

If you get a chance, check one of these out. I was going to get a custom fretless made with a diamondwood fingerboard but I think this will do very nicely for 1/2 the price.

2. Those are some pretty amazing basses for a killer price. Lines don't work with me, but I really enjoyed the feel and the tone.

3. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    I've really just begun to finally put in the time to learn fretless, and my fretless is unlined. How do you like it?

Sounds like a nice bass, man. Do you plan to leave the ramp on it?

- Dave

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    We need pictures, I love the GW bass!

5. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll probably take the ramp off because I like to do some slapping and popping stuff which is very difficult with the full length ramp.

I love it and the lines. When I feel like the lines are restrictive I just close my eyes. I figure if Tony Grey, Matt Garrison, Gary Willis and Jaco didn't mind lines, I can learn to live with them too. :)

6. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Just curious, are you already proficient at fretless playing, or is this your first?

7. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I wouldn't say I'm proficient but it's also not my first. I still have to look when i'm soloing.