Just picked up used Neuser cloudburst. Anyone ever [played one?}

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adam zaslavsky, Apr 20, 2002.

1. adam zaslavsky

adam zaslavsky

Mar 31, 2000
    I just picked up this Neuser cloudburst on a trade. I have

NUMBER OF STRINGS 4 -,5 -, 6 - string models

BODY 5 piece laminated body

of maple, oak,bubinga

and other kinds of

exotic woods when,

NECK 9 piece laminated neck

of maple, mahogany or ovangol

FINGERBOARD dark ebony

with inlays of green abalone

or pearl

Changing radius 10"-16"

OPTIONS fretless, left-handed

5 piece laminated body

9 piece laminated neck

PICKUPS, Bartolini soapboards,

customized for Neuser

ELECTRONICS EBS P-2,active

customized for Neuser

Bartolini NTMB3, active

CONTROLS master volume, blend

pickups, treble and bass.

Filter mode switch.

MECHANIC Gotoh GB-7

FINISH Wax or Nitrolack

never had a European bass but this thing is really nice. Here are the specs. Mine is a 4.
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI

This rule is always in effect. Ill let you go this time with a warning.

3. adam zaslavsky

adam zaslavsky

Mar 31, 2000
    Yea, I'll have to work on that. Actually , I am not even sure of all the woods in it. The neck is nine piece but it's the size of a Jazz,
    The body of mine is somewhat worn a little but it plays and sounds really great. I have never seen one of these basses {a neuser cloudburst } in a store here in the USA
  4. Yupp, I once tested an Ampeg head with one, years ago. I didn't like the sound of the amp (can't remember the model name, but it was completely solid state, and as well the cab could have something to do with it. I think it was a Delta bass, now discontinued made by some English company - Carlsbro? - something, maybe a 4x8'), but I really liked the playability of the bass. Not sure of the sound though, but I suspect that it would've been nicer through a better amp. It wasn't bad or anything, just didn't have any character or personality. Anyways, I heard some guy play a Neuser through some EBS equipment some years later, sounding great, so I blame its lack in the sound department on the amp and cabinet. Or rather, my lack of ability to set the eq right...
    Anyways, get yourself a wide strap, 'cause, IRC, the Cloudbursts are heavy, quite nice looking and as well made as every other Neuser I've encountered. And they've all been exremely solid, comparable, or better, than your average Warwick. And Warwick's aren't that bad to begin with.
    Have you checked out the Neuser reviews over at bgra.net BTW?

Oh, and enjoy! European basses rules.

BTW, did you buy it from the Bass Palace by any chance?
  5. adam zaslavsky

adam zaslavsky

Mar 31, 2000
    BTW, did you buy it from the Bass Palace by any chance?

Yes, that's mine. Bob made me a great deal and I really love it.It's about medium weight, not super heavy. It's no doubt , an extremely solid , hand made bass with super high end materials. I discovered that the bass retails for $3000 , though I am not sure what they actually sell for. The cloudburst is very hard to find here in the US,though I have seen a few for sale in shops in Europe.thanks