1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just placed my order for a Sterling 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RandomEvent, Feb 26, 2008.

1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Carbon Blue Pearl, Maple Fretboard, Matching Headstock, HH Configuration.

Wow, this waiting stuff really blows. I'm really gonna try to make is so that this bass will be my next bass, but who knows what could happen in 4 months?! Let's hope I can keep myself in check...

Well, I did say I'd let up on that imposition if I saw a good Sterling HH on sale somewhere. But other than that, no new basses till the Sterling 4 comes in. I think...

2. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I'm on the edge of pulling the trigger on one of these. I haven't really want another fiver, but I really dig the looks of this.

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I placed my order for a Sterling 5 H about a month ago (immediately after NAMM). Then I ordered a second one 2 weeks ago.

The first is Rolls Burgundy with Rosewood fretboard and Matching headstock, White Pearloid Pickguard with white pickup cover and chrome hardware including knobs.

The second is Transparent Red with Maple fretboard and Matching headstock, White Pearloid Pickguard with white pickup cover and chrome hardware, including knobs.

I'm being told 5 months for delivery which is a bit of a pain, but I have my StingRay5 to get me through till then. I don't mind waiting for up to 6 mths for a quality instrument. However I won't wait 2 yrs for something from that other California based guitar maker. The one with the serious attitude problem. I cancelled my order two weeks ago after waiting a year for one, which allowed me to order the second Sterling 5. I quickly came to that conclusion when they told me I had another year to wait if I was lucky.

TD

4. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    I placed my order a month ago.

5 string Ltd edition Sterling. H model with maple fingerboard.

Now I am in wait mode.:(

5. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Can you guy shed some light about these new Sterlings. . .

What's the scale?
    Number of frets?
    Neck dimensions?
    Will it be available lefty?

I understand the pickups are ceramic. That's all I know.

6. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    how much guys? tell all?

7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    34" Scale
    21 Frets
    Narrower and thinner than SR5
    No lefties for the time being

Pickups are Ceramic as used in SR5's up until Jan 08

Price varies depending on the configuration of the bass.

TD

8. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    21 frets? but the Sterling 4 has 22...

9. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    And if it makes you feel better, you get the tear drop pickguard, not the huge one on the SR5. I personally think the SR5 pickguard is OK, but a lot of people seem to dislike it.

10. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    22 frets and the neck is not that different which is fine by me, i love the SR5's neck