1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just placed order for a Stingray (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bchamorro, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Do you like it? I like it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    NICE!!! I'm a sucker for a matching headstock.

3. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    What´s not to like about a brand effin´new Sunburst HH ´Ray...

In a word: OUTSTANDING catch!

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Do i like it? Hell yeah! I used to have the 5 string version of that exact same bass.

medium.

5. iskbee

iskbee

Aug 1, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. Nice catch , me love:hyper:

6. b4nny

b4nny

Aug 24, 2008
    Bellevue, WA, USA
    Damn, my dad promises to buy me a bass for my birthday, in a month and a half. I'm asking for one of these puppies. The thing is, he just bought my brother, who has never played guitar in his life, a GIBSON EXPLORER... That, combined with your acquisition, doesn't seem to be helping my GAS.

Side note: Does a StingRay HH bridge pickup soloed sound exactly the same as a StingRay with a single humbucker? If so then I don't see why not to get an HH, there's no problem with having more tones at your fingertips. If it IS different, would you mind recording some samples of an HH for me to hear? (or is there already a comparison somewhere?)

7. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    see this thread....

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491188

I did lots of research on this, and I was told that there were a few HH models that sounded different than the H in the bridge pup position, but in late 2007 or 2008 the HH were starting to be produced with the bridge pup just like the H.

So yes, they are identical...

The only think I don't feel comfortably about the HH is that I can't do slap bass because of the neck humbucker, but thats just me (little experience with slap bass). It kinda gets in the way...

8. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Yeah, that looks like a wicked bass. 3 tone sunburst with a black pickguard is my fav color combination (although yours is tort it looks great too), and those pickups make the whole thing look mean.

Congrats.