Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just played at the talent show...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Jan 17, 2004.

1. and things went great. me and the drummer placed 2nd out of 12 (singer girl won) and won 20 bucks a a gift certificate to applebees each. anyways, heres some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh and incase you didnt see my other thread we played victor wootens version of amazing grace. everyone seemed to love it and we performed it surprisingly well. my friend noelle (girl in pic above) got it on video and ill try to get it uploaded and post it here. thats all

anyways, im off to applebees with noelle :D

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Nice one, congrats! Was the singing girl the one with the deceased parents or was that last years numero uno?

PS in the pic it looks as though noel attempted to reach for the bass and your snapping it away :p (that inspired my pic)

[​IMG]

PPS - where's the drummer? are tehm pics just taken at warmup or something?

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Well done DEFELDUS! I look forward to watching the video.

4. Yoshi, it's spelt Noelle ;) Anyways, good job David! Once the video is sent to me, it will be on his website, www.defeldus.vze.com for viewing.

5. TurboRawker

TurboRawker Guest

Oct 23, 2003
    So. Car.
    That's awesome dude, where was it? It looks like a church, and it reminds me a bit of Shandon Baptist. Oh, I live in Columbia, so that's why I asked. I'm also going to USC next year, so I guess I'll see you around.

6. So you get an answer now, DEFELDUS told me it was at a college.

7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    My show was better. My stack was bigger, and my drummer's set had more pieces. I win ;)

Good stuff man, I can't wait to see the video of it.

8. thanks guys. turborawker we'll have to hook up sometime, keep in touch. and yes, as thole said the auditorium was in a local college. and nick, its not the size of the stack or set, its what you do with it that matters ;)

oh, and as for the video...
    her camcorder is digital (has a SD memory card) but appartently it records to a mini tape as well. we are trying to figure out how to send whats on the tape to the cpu instead of the card. anyone know bout these at all?

9. no that was the actual performance. the stage was kinda small so rodrecus (the drummer) was kind of in the corner. heres the only good pic i have of him.

[​IMG]

10. More than likely there is a cable you can get or that came with the camera that has probably a USB end on one side and an end to plug into the camera on the other and you can use that to hook it to the comp.

11. Noelle....drool;)

I think 2nd place is the best to win. I mean...with first you get the other 11 contestants hating you and envying you,and you get all that exposure. But with 2nd,you still win...but w/o all that stuff. :)

Can't wait to see the vidi!

12. that was last years winner.

the only thing that sucked about the talent show this year were the prizes. last year they gave away like a hundred dollars, free time in a studio, etc. this year we get a little cash and 15 bucks to applebees :p

13. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    great man! maybe you could get the audio at least then? :D.

14. well, if we could get the audio to transfew we could get the video, so i dunno bout that.:meh:

15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    wait, how about you get a different video camera... and play the video on a tv and record that :p?

16. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear/see the performance.

How come you didn't play the 7 string?;)

17. He doesnt have it yet,I think:confused: :confused:

18. correct, its not here yet, but sooooooooon ;)

19. Where's the freaking video Definator! :mad:

:cool:

20. Cmon guys, he's a bit slow, give him a break!