Just point and laugh

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Sippy, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Oh God...
    That's almost blasphemy.

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  3. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    He has another video on google, where it's like a fuzz box... or.. something I don't know.. it's a Mix between Orgy and well... crap? and he just stands there playing the same crap over and over again.
  4. classic case of a person thinking that if they play guitar, they're automatically a bassist too. when will they learn.:rollno:
  5. That first one gave me indigestion. Who are these people? What do they want? Does he think that people actually like it? My brain rejected it. The smile he has on his face is kinda creepy. Ignorance is bliss!

The second one made me laugh. I've seen those two guys before. Kev aka "boy wonder" needs to hit those drums like he means it. Don't get me wrong I like tasteful, volume-conscious drummers as much as the next guy but sheesh that is just annoying. In a few of the other videos, he and the bassist lose "one" a few times but they somehow managed to avoid it in this one.

I think the whole thing's a riot. The description is written as, "Jaco-esque Blues funky fender Jazz bass wamp up groove. Room concert." Yeah. :smug:
    Why does it have to be a blues? Every time, it seems, if there's gotta be another generic jam, everyone reverts to the blues form. I can't believe they just kept going and going. It's insanity. Do they ever get bored? Oh yeah, the drummer does. Hey David, lay off the sixteenth's for a while buddy! Come up for some air! And, God forbid, should you ever label something "Jaco type" or "Jaco-esque" again, don't slap in it! I don't think they want to know what I really think...:D
  6. This has been posted already in Bass Humor & Gig Stories with thread title "I'm taking lessons from this guy."
  7. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2005
    I dig the glasses - Elvis Costello-ish - that will be my new look
  8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  9. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
  10. Lo.

Jan 29, 2005
    NW UK
  11. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA

That same video popped up in this thread 4 days ago.

That kid was 4 when those videos were shot. He'd be about 7 or 8 by now.

On the Crazy Train performance, the guitarist is making him sound worse than he actually is.
  12. Holy crap.. man, My drummer has a video of this kid from about 4 or 5 years ago... we used set back and get cheesed:p and watch him over and over...
  13. I just clicked on the link of Tony above... and that is the one! Sweet.
  14. pulseczar

May 7, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    All I hear in the first video is annoying clicking. Somebody should find that guy and slap him.
  15. steve21

steve21 Banned

16. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005

You know what I mean by that comment...
  17. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'