1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just professing some Audere Love!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Earwaxsculptor, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Hey just wanted to brag about how much I love my new Audere preamp.

I put Duncan QP'ers in my USA '75 RI and wasn't that thrilled with the difference in the sound of bass so I overhauled it by putting a GOTOH bridge on it, reinstalling the stock '75 RI pickups and dropping in the Audere about 3 weeks ago, well 3 weeks later and I think I have played it enough to honestly say WOW! What a preamp this little sucker is, there is a lot of options in this pre and it really seems to retain the sound of the bass you are playing well no matter what you do to it EQ/Z-mode wise. 2 Big thumbs up to Audere.:)

2. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    you are preaching to the choir here :D I have one in my Geddy with dimarzio's and a 4 band on the way for my pj project.

3. Welcome to the Dark Side!!!

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Nice work bro!

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    only if you put that resistor in the special place on the pre - board ... other wise you're in the neutral zone...

(I'm crackin' me up over here ...)

Tom Grant (with Dave Kaptien on Bass) at the Hood River Best Western tomorrow eve if you're free. Rumor has it hat Jerry J and significant other will attend. Charlie & I are generally there. Kaptein is a m o n s t e r ... 5 string URB and 6 string David King....

I'm double checking with the hotel tomorrow to be sure. He has a standing 3rd Tuesday each month but it's good to be sure, eh ? Ping me during the day if you want...

L8R, Mal

6. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Which version of the Audere did you install?

7. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    yeah i'm thinking about taking the plunge... i've gotta a '77 jazz i'm doing up... 2 band or 3 band?

8. Hey Dave, did you get the Antiquities yet? That combo would be killer!

If I were you I'd go with the 2 band (vol,vol,bass/treb). I'll be dropping one of those in my 70's Bacchus. I like the Bass frequency better in the 2 band, it's real punchy and totally useable, not your typical boomy bass boost (the 3 band eq is also totally useable, just a bit different). I also dig the vol/vol controls for mixing, and they're also buffered so the tone stays consistent with any adjustment unlike typical volume controls.

I had the 3 band in my old MIA Fender and the 2 band one in my old MIK Lakland, and I never ever used the midrange and just thought the 2 band one better for a Jazz, can't really explain it, just worked better I reckon. Made the Fralins come alive!

9. I had Audere preamps in a few basses. They are a awesome. Also, their customer support is amazing.

10. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    hey mate,

thanks for the detailed response - i was going to PM you because i remembered you'd had a couple... the bassplayer.tv vids are helping fuel the GAS...

11. I installed the 3 band one with the blend pot in my USA '75 RI (pic below) , I am waiting for a buddy of mine to paint my '92 USA Longhorn Jazz and before I put it back together I'll prolly grab me the 2 band vol/vol version of the Audere for it so I can compare. You sure can't beat the price/quality standpoint.

audere.

12. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    Have wanted to try the Audere for quite some time now. Just scored an SX SJB-75 on eBay and have already ordered the 3 band preamp for it. I might be a little crazy for spending more on the preamp than the entire bass but I couldn't resist. Any suggestions for pickups to pair with the Audere in the $100.00 to $150.00 range would be greatly appreciated.

13. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    2-Band FTW!

The bass boost is soo much better. The treble boost effects a better range of frequencies. Boosting both gives a nice modern Marcus'ish tone. Its perfect.

14. Ron Plichta

Ron Plichta Supporting Member

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    I put a JZ-3 with the passive tone control in my Mike Lull M5V. I liked it better than the OBP-3 that was in there because it seems to have more midrange and greater tonal flexibility.

15. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    Audere changed my line up. I only use my 06 MIM Jazz Deluxe now. It's beyond preference. I never even bring a second bass with me on gigs anymore. It's amazing. I have the JZ5 and it's the best thing I've added to my rig so far. One tip for you guys just installing one? DO NOT BE LOOKING AT THE LED WHEN YOU FIRST PLUG IT IN. I was quite accidentally facing the bass after I'd installed it, snapped the jack in and......I'm still blinking.......it's bright. Another added bonus? it draws gear geeks from the back of the room " uh, dude? what was that blue light I just saw? was that your bass?"