1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just pulled the trigger...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Beast, Jan 13, 2008.

1. http://www.juststrings.com/ebl-2821.html

on some of those. I was looking around for some higher tension, cheap strings, and I had heard plenty about Ernie Balls, so I thought I'd give these a shot.

Any opinions you have on their sound/playability?

2. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    I have used the ERB strings. Nice feel and good nickel sound. It is easier to find the ERB strings locally so that is nice. I have been playing DR sunbeams lately they feel a little softer and flexible. But I am string wimp.

3. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

I hate Ernie Ball strings .They completely suck. However That's MY OPINION.
    They may work well for you so please don't pay any attention to me.

4. BassMan250

BassMan250

Jan 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I used them for awhile before switching back to D'Addarios and DR's ... I find that Ernie Balls have a very metallic, almost raspy tone and can sometimes sacrifice bottom end for top end, but that was just with my setup (Nemesis 210 combo and MIA Jazz). Good for some genres though- Justin Chancellor's tone owns.

5. JoshD

JoshD

Nov 9, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Personally I thought they were really weak on the G & D strings.

6. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

They tend to die rather quickly, at least IMO.

An alternative that is also reasonably priced are the SIT brand.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021